The job holder is responsible for providing legal provide legal support and represent the Company in certain Civil litigation and perform certain corporate duties assigned
· Initiate and pursue legal proceedings as required by the Company i.e., prepare writs, defenses, submissions and other pleadings in civil cases both “for and against” the Company.
· Prepare, file and plead cases in Commercial Court in pursuit of amounts owed to the Company.
· Liaise with and assist external Counsel in the discharge of their obligation to the Company
· Advise on statutory compliances.
· Research and prepare legal opinions on various civil matters including claims for compensation against the Company.
· Draft and/or review legal letters, contracts and agreements and monitor legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance, as requested.
· Submit weekly, monthly and quarterly work reports to Management.
· Assist in the formulation, implementation and/or amendment of Company policies.
· Perform duties as Company Secretary
· Provide sound legal advice to the Company and make recommendations to Management as necessary.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive. Management reserves the right to assign and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
§ The position is located in the Corporate Head Office.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
§ Minimum of a Bachelor degree in law
§ Must have been called to the Ghana Bar
· At least 2 years’ experience in Corporate law.
Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent Computer skills.
· Excellent Communication Skills
· Must be detailed, concise and accurate.
· Must be updated with new laws, legal issues and challenges an organization faces
· Must be able to work cooperatively with senior legal staff.
· Must have high energy and should take initiative.
· Must be committed to perform exceptionally.
· Must be able to prioritize work and be well organized
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.