The University of Ghana hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the senior level administrative positions of Dean from 1st August, 2022.
Objectives of the College: The College of Education shall advance the objectives of each of its constituent Units and by these specific objectives, to:
1. Expose students to best practices in teaching and learning using the latest proven learning technologies and support the utilization of research both to inform teaching and to tackle the broader issues of education;
2. Provide an expanded adult, continuing and distance education programme which would extend the reach of the University to student populations in formats which the face- to- face classroom learning cannot provide;
3. Improve the understanding and practice of information and communication through effective teaching, learning and research;
4. Equip practitioners in communication and information management with state-of-the-art skills and competencies to effectively serve the public; and,
5. Provide tertiary education of the highest quality to advance Africas social, cultural and economic development achievable through the production of graduates, conduct of research and extension services for Africa and the wider international community.
POSITION (1): Dean, School of Education and Leadership
REPORTING TO: Provost, College of Education
The School of Education and Leadership is made up of the following Departments:
Department of Educational Studies and Leadership
Department of Physical Education and Sports
Department of Teacher Education
POSITION (2): Dean, School of Information and Communication Studies
REPORTING TO: Provost, College of Education
The School of Information and Communication Studies is made up of the following Departments:
Department of Information Studies
Department of Communication Studies
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
Successful applicants for the position of Dean:
Must be of professorial status from an academic/research institution or a person from industry eligible for that position.
Must be capable of providing academic leadership especially in the area of teaching, research and extension in the relevant disciplines.
Must provide evidence of managerial and administrative leadership and capacity to promote a collegial working environment in the School/Institute.
Must demonstrate capacity to attract funding for research and development.
Must have the vision and the drive to oversee the growth and development of the School/Institute.
The Dean is responsible for providing leadership to the School/Institute and for maintaining and promoting efficiency and good order in accordance with the policies and procedures prescribed by the University Act and Statutes, or as may be determined by the Council, the Academic Board and the School/Institute Management Committee.
The Dean is to ensure that the approved programmes and functions of the School/Institute are duly carried out by members of the School/Institute.
The Dean is also responsible for the general administration of the School/Institute in respect of human, financial and material resources within the general framework of University policy.
The Dean shall hold office for a period of three years and is eligible for re-appointment for a further term of up to three years.
How To Apply For The Job
An applicant is required to submit a complete application pack to
University of Ghana,
P. O. Box LG25,
(Hard copy); or
firstname.lastname@example.org (Soft copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
1. Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB Form 1C) to be downloaded from the Universitys website at www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd;
2. An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates; and,
3. A statement of about 2,500 words (not more than five pages) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its mission and vision. The UG strategic plan can be downloaded at: http://www.ug.edu.gh/pad/publication/ug-strategic-plan.
Further information about the University of Ghana may be found on the Universitys website at www.ug.edu.gh.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 22 November, 2021
To access all latest updates on Sobiaonline click here. To access latest jobs in Ghana click here. If you need any help from Sobiaonline Click here. To post a job click here. To post an event click here