Italian Teacher Summary
Current Italian Speaking Jobs in Ghana January 2022 for the position of an Italian Teacher at VIS GHANA
VIS GHANA is a recognized Italian NGO working in Ghana since 2015. The organization is established in the Greater Accra and Bono and Bono East region, with an office in Ashaiman and one in Sunyani, implementing development projects in partnership with the Salesians of Don Bosco. The main sectors of intervention in the country are: migration and development; education, professional training; capacity building; environment.
Italian Teacher Job Description
Currently, VIS GHANA is implementing the project “Pre-departure training courses to favour the social and working integration of legal migrants in Italy” financed by the Asylum Migration and Integration Fund.
One of the main objectives of the project is to provide Ghanaian people who have applied for a family reunion visa in Italy with a good basic knowledge of the Italian language and a better understanding of the civic and citizenship education. VIS will organize an Italian language course (for beginners A1) in collaboration with the Embassy of Italy in Ghana and under the supervision of the University for Foreigners of Siena.
The teacher will be responsible for the management and implementation of an Italian language course whose aim is to develop basic Italian speaking, writing and listening skills and promote knowledge of the Italian and European citizenship: two factors that will encourage participants social and cultural integration once they arrive in Italy. The course will be held in presence or online: the course modality will be chosen according to participants needs. The entire course has a duration of 80 hours (40 hours per month).
Roles and Responsibilities of the Italian Teacher
1) Elaborate the curriculum of the Italian language course (level A1 of the CEFRL) and civic education in accordance with the indications given by the Linguistic Focal Point and with students needs.
2) Definition of the objectives of the course and of an effective way of communication with the participants of the course.
3) Selection of didactical materials and tools and distribution to the students.
4) Develop homework assignments.
5) Fill in the register of the course and the timesheets of the lessons.
6) Keep track of students progress.
7) Keep relationship with the referents of the project and regularly report to them.
8) Write a final report of the course.
Italian Teacher Required Skills or Experience
Proficiency of the Italian language.
Knowledge of the English language, minimum level B1.
MA in Italian teaching, Literature and Philosophy.
Excellent communication and relation skills.
Competency – based approach.
Ability to adapt to the needs of the students.
Flexibility, intercultural competencies and creativity.
Italian Teacher How To Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter, together with any language certificate you may possess, to firstname.lastname@example.org