‘Governance for Inclusive Development’ (GovID) is a joint programme between the Government of Ghana and the Federal Republic of Germany, implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH together with the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Local Governance and Rural Development (MLGRD).
In order to improve service delivery and accountability, one important objective of GovID is to support local authorities (districts) in Ghana to improve the mobilisation and the management of their domestic revenues.
For this purpose, GIZ developed a revenue management software, which is available to all districts in Ghana.
The maintenance and further development of the software as well as the user support are in the responsibility of MLGRD. GovID will support MLGRD to build the necessary capacities to adequately perform this mandate.
- Supporting MLGRD in setting up and operate a helpdesk for the software users
- Advising MLGRD to develop strategies to maintain and further develop the revenue management software
- Providing technical advice to MLGRD and relevant stakeholders such as the Ghana Revenue Authority, the Internally Generated Funds Technical Working Group and the National Information Technology Agency to upscale the use, deep-scale the functionality and further embed the software in the IT infrastructure of the Government of Ghana
- Developing and implementing workshops, trainings and other capacity development activities for the staff of MLGRD and relevant stakeholders
- Working together with a motivated and skilled team to support stakeholders at national, regional and district levels to foster domestic revenue mobilisation in Ghana
- Degree and technical expertise in one of the following areas: Information technology, geoinformatics or a similar relevant discipline
- Very good knowledge and experience in organisation development
- Working experience in software development and software user support
- Working experience in or with public administration as well as a good understanding of public finances and domestic revenue mobilisation are an advantage
- Very good intercultural and communicational skills
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
- Place of Residence: Accra
- Climate: Humid hot climate; rainy season from June until September
- Medical supply: Very good health facilities
- Shopping facilities: Shops with European offer
- School situation: Several international schools are available in Accra
- Security: A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. There are no special restrictions to freedom of movement in the working environment. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
- Other: At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
GIZ’s Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience.
In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.giz.de.