Total Family Health Organisation (TFHO) is an indigenous Ghanaian social marketing organization duly registered in accordance with the laws of Ghana on February 1, 2017.
We partner with government, private sector, and civil society is to improve the health of people living in Ghana primarily through implementation of innovative evidence-based interventions that increases access to and utilization of health products and services in a measurable and impactful way.
Our key intervention areas include: Reproductive (including family planning and HIV), Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (RMNCH), communicable and non-communicable diseases, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), nutrition, and malaria. Social and Behavioral Change Communication (SBCC) and social marketing remains our unique expertise. We utilize our deep insight and skills in SBCC and social marketing to promote positive social and behavior change among individuals and communities using strategies that address the interests of the people we are trying to reach, the obstacles to change and the many forces that influence behavior and choice.
Our Mission is to be a truly Ghanaian organisation that works to improve the health of people primarily through the social marketing of health products and services as well as health communications in a measurable and impactful way
Total Family Health Organisation (TFHO) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of an Internal Auditor. The successful candidate will have demonstrated expertise in conducting internal audits and operational analysis.
This position will provide professional internal, performance, compliance, and financial audits. The incumbent will provide fully proficient internal auditing work that requires independent evaluation and analysis of issues, and the use of judgment to select and apply criteria to resolve problems and make recommendations.
The incumbent will perform audit assignments with limited supervision, prepare various audit reports and planning documents, participate in meetings with management and TFHO board; assist in preparing formal reports and findings; and perform audits independently for management’s review.
Reporting and relationships: The Internal Auditor reports to the Board of Directors and will have a dotted line reporting relationship to the Executive Director.
Availability: The Internal Auditor will be expected to work a standard workweek of 40 hours plus additional hours as necessary to get the job done.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations.
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans.
- Obtain, analyze, and evaluate accounting documentation, previous audit reports, data, flowcharts, etc.
- Evaluate internal controls and examining processes, researching, compiling, and analyzing data for informed decision
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality, and goal achievement
- Identify and reduce all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls
- Make recommendations for the best ways to avoid fraud and reduce waste.
- Assess best financial practices for the organisation and makes relevant informed suggestions
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely audit information is reported to Management
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits in a timely manner to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Coordinates all external audits.
- Any additional task assigned by the Executive Director.
Required Skills or Experience
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of USAID and other donor regulations.
- Knowledge of an NGO operating environment
- Degree in Auditing, Financial Accounting, economics, or a related field
- A Master’s Degree in Finance/Accounting/Auditing or A certified chartered accountant with ACCA or ICA
- A member of the Institute of Internal Auditors Ghana will be advantageous.
- Proven working experience as an Internal Auditor especially in the INGO sector.
- Five or more years of related work experience in an internal audit position.
Ability to live TFHO values of:
- Shared Vision.
- Consumer and Customer Focused – both internal and external.
- Local but International in Character.
- Results and a strong focus on measurement.
- Speed and efficiency, with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy
- Ability to gain working knowledge of TFHO policies, procedures, and practices.
- Ability to act as a representative of TFHO to the public.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases.
- Documentation and record keeping
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
- Considerable knowledge of auditing standards and practices, laws, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, attention to detail and Sound independent judgement
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Physical and Environmental Conditions
This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes or files weighing no more than 5 kilos.Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
How To Apply
Interested candidates may apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please put “INTERNAL AUDITOR” in the subject line. No Calls Please.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.