Guinness Ghana Breweries Limited (GGBL) is the leading alcoholic beverage company in Ghana with currently two production sites, located in Kumasi and Accra respectively.
GGBL has therefore established a requirement to provide a Head of Security to drive and support the compliance to the Global Risk Management Standards and Global Security Policy.
This position reports directly to the Supply Director of GGBL, while functionally reporting to the Head of Security, Africa.
Responsible for creation and management of Security Budget.
Competitive market with multinational players that require a high level of Security expertise that will enable GGBL to have a competitive edge/ protect its brands and image over competition
Purpose of Role
To secure the interests of GGBL and protect its staff, customers, assets, reputation and value through an integrated security risk management. Ensure that there is a fit for purpose, proactive and cost effective level of security to the business which focuses on minimising risk exposure whilst identifying opportunities to reduce losses and improve efficiencies. Provide a professional and effective level of end to end security support to all aspects of business operations. Foster relationships and work closely with external agencies to ensure adequate support to operational and strategic activities within the business.
- Provide functional leadership, develop and manage the performance of GGBL’s security team.
- Conduct country security risk assessments, site security risk assessments, and security reviews/audits to recommend cost effective solutions to mitigate security risks.
- Ensure that appropriate security policy, plans and procedures are in place across GGBL businesses in order to deal with a range of threats, and ensure that these are reviewed on a regular basis.
- Develop and recommend operational and capital budgets for security.
- Deliver security briefings to international assignees, business travellers, executives, contractors, and staff.
- Liaise with local law enforcement, outsourced security contractors and relevant consultants.
- Implement and maintain personal and residential security procedures for international assignees and local staff as appropriate.
- Select and appoint security services providers, in collaboration with procurement management.
- Manage private security contracts and monitor their performance.
- Provide GGBL’s Executive and the Head of Security Africa timely and appropriate monthly security reports on emerging security threats, and submit relevant security reports that include security improvements and trends.
- Develop & implement security training and awareness programs, and organize security awareness campaigns as necessary.
- Keep detailed record of security incidents and other important data for learning and continues improvement.
- Coordinate and or manage event security & executive protection.
- Assist in the development (of security aspects) of crisis and business continuity plans within GGBL, and participate as a member of the country crisis management team.
- Provide timely security advice to GGBL management and employees in order to protect people, assets, information, brand and reputation. This also includes the provision of personal safety advice for sales staff travelling in Ghana
- Ensure that all GGBL security operations are conducted in accordance with The Group Security Standards, local & international laws and regulations, and in line with the Code of Business Conduct.
- Manage or investigate breaches of the Code of Business Conduct and suspected criminal matters where requested, and monitor security developments (generally), and GGBL security incidents (specifically).
- Effectively managing brand protection risks and threats in the Market on an end-to-end basis, ensuring that effective early-warning systems exist to enable timely mitigation plans to be put in place
- Demonstrate effective delivery of the Brand Protection agenda across Ghana to ensure that counterfeit issues are dealt with pro-actively, using the appropriate resources and strategies
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Shall be committed to producing safe and quality products by following all instructions related to the Food Safety and Quality Management System.
- Protection of GGBL sites, property and personnel.
- Protection of company data, products under development, personal data and other sensitive matters.
- Protection against threats and/or actions from terrorist and criminal organisations.
- Team development & growth
Qualifications And Experience Required
A degree in Security Risk Management or Business.
A relevant tertiary qualification in a discipline that is related to the role will be accepted (e.g. Law, Criminal Justice, Political Science, International Relations etc).
Knowledge & Skills
- Risk Management
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management
- Managerial & Leadership skills
- Decision making
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Planning and Organising
- (Corporate) Investigations
- Change agent at all levels of the organization
- High integrity & emotional maturity
- Strong negotiator / facilitator and consensus builder.
- Attention to details
- Team player.
- Self starter.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to influence broadly across the sophisticated customer (internal & external) base.
- Inability to make connections across a broad agenda.
- Be authentic
- Find solutions
- Connect to the Diageo purpose
- Manage people for success
- Consistently deliver great performance
- Grow yourself
- Uses experience to focus attention on key issues. Demonstrable experience of tenacity in pursuing goals and course correcting where necessary. Keeps going with limited support from others. Able to take a stand behind what is right for the business.
- Ability to promote & explain vision to others in an accessible manner. Embraces change and can demonstrate experience in taking ownership for driving initiatives. Self-confidence in most situations, with ability to exercise sound judgement of risks. Proactively seeks feedback from internal customers.
- Can demonstrate a sound understanding of own impact and capability to adjust accordingly. Generates and sustains effective working relationships across the business. Has valuable insights about others and is comfortable providing coaching & feedback.
- Understanding of the balance between the ‘how’ as well as the ‘what’ of achievement. Takes balanced action when something goes wrong. Maintains integrity and generates trust in others, across a range of situations. Takes pride in team & organisation.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.