Want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
#upfielders #upfielder #upfieldglobal
Ensure Upfield delivers its noble purpose and business strategy through the development and implementation of Upfield’s Corporate Affairs and Communications Strategy in Africa.
You will use the levers of external communications, internal communications, issues management, policy, public affairs, public relations and sustainability to drive Upfield’s agenda and reputation.
This role will include building external relationships with key stakeholders in Africa, such as NGOs, industry working groups, government and media, and Upfield Associates to deliver a supported strategy and initiatives that have internal and external advocacy.
- Lead Corporate Affairs and Communications Strategy for Africa Based on the purpose of Upfield and business strategy of Upfield Africa recommend the strategy for managing key priority topics that enables the company to protect and grow the business and brands in Africa plus contribute to a positive reputation for Upfield globally.
- Policy and Communications: Develop and implement, in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders’, policies and communications that are needed to drive the African business.
- Issues and Crisis Management: Ensure issues and crisis management practices and processes are in place in Africa to manage the business and brand reputation proactively.
- Design and implement change management communications: Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to deliver change management communications for the organization.
- Public Affairs: Be Upfield African’s chief lobbyist on issues that matter to the business and ensure compliance with relevant legislation and policies. This includes government and non-government organizations.
- Public relations: Lead the development of PR plans in Africa in collaboration with the Marketing team, R&D, Legal and external stakeholders. Ensure measurement programs are in place for continuous improvement.
- Develop implementation plans and scorecards to monitor performance: Ensure that commitments and policies regarding corporate affairs topics are implemented throughout the organization in collaboration with key stakeholders. Anticipate deviations and proactively resolve. Escalate topics that may negatively impact reputation of business or brands.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in marketing, procurement, manufacturing and supply chain, global corporate affairs and internal/external communications colleagues to ensure Africa policies and communications meet business goals, anticipate stakeholder opinions and are coordinated with other activities.
- Develop relationships with relevant Africa external government, industry organisations and non-government organisations on sustainability topics of mutual interest.
- Official media spokesperson for Upfield Africa.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Communication, Public Relations, Journalism or Marketing
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role in a multinational company
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills, listening, diplomacy and tact with a proven record of success negotiating complex partnerships
- Experience in building strong relationships with corporations, governments, partners, and all levels of staff
- Experience as a project manager in diverse, multinational, virtual teams with ability to inform strategy decision making
- Excellent team player with experience working in multi-disciplinary groups
To apply for this job please visit upfield.com.