Head of Commercial Planning
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which
connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the
shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment
service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our
platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can
access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion,
electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries
spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders
offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very
high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact
for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming
environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are looking for talented people with a
passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
Overview of this role:
By joining the commercial team, you will join Jumia’s engine of growth and be accountable for the performance & planning of all categories (Electronic Goods, Fashion, FMCG) etc…
- Extracting, analysing and monitoring sales breakdown across various
- Implementing the commercial strategy in line with sales and marketing
- Performance management with key account managers.
- Drive marketing teams to ensure adherence to campaign planning &
- Developing price competitiveness analysis with clear actionable insight
for the teams
- Organising successful commercial events.
- Ensuring the business targets are met on a monthly basis.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Strong commercial and analytical skills.
- Problem Solving
- At least 5 years’ experience in the same or a related field
- Structured, organized and good planning skills
- Good with tools or fast learner (Microsoft office suite and Google
- Able to work under pressure in a fast paced and competitive environment
- Great English communication
- Flexible and able to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges
that we propose you to take
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.