Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
- Languages: English & French
- Position Location: Burkina Faso, Chad, Ghana, or Niger
Creative Associates International (Creative Associates) is implementing USAID/West Africa’s program Partnerships for Peace (P4P). The five-year program is partnering with stakeholders at the regional, national, and sub-national levels across several West African countries, to develop a shared foundational understanding of counter violent extremism (CVE) approaches; to increase governmental and civil society leadership of CVE efforts; and to improve regional coordination.
Creative Associates seeks a Grants & Database Manager for the USAID Partnerships for Peace (P4P) Program to be based in either Burkina Faso, Chad, Ghana, or Niger. The Grants & Database Manager will provide oversight of the grants pre and post award processes in all four project countries.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Grants & Database Manager will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
The Grants & Database Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Manage grants pre and post award processes for all four project countries;
- Prepare key grants documents such as Requests for Applications, Annual Program Statements, grant agreements and negotiation memos;
- Provide oversight of grantee selection process;
- Review grantee budgets for reasonableness, allowability, and allocability;
- Conduct negotiations with potential grantees, as needed;
- Conduct vetting and pre-award financial capability assessments of selected candidates;
- Develop and execute grant agreements after appropriate approvals have been obtained;
- Oversee kickoff meetings and monitor grants implementation;
- Provide guidance to grantees, as needed;
- Prepare presentations and facilitate grants trainings for pre-applicant conferences, grant kick-off meetings, P4P staff trainings and other needs as they arise;
- Ensure that each grants file is complete;
- Ensure compliance with Creative’s grants policies as detailed in the Field Manual and the project’s Grants Manual;
- Ensure that grants database is updated regularly;
- Supervise between 1-2 grants staff;
- Prepare reports and analyses regarding the grants program, as required by management;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Prior grants management experience working on USAID programs required;
- At least six years’ general work experience preferably in West Africa; minimum of four years managing grants;
- Project management experience highly desirable;
- Strong writing and analytical skills desired;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and develop strong working relationships with grantees;
- Speaking, writing and reading fluency in French required; high level of English proficiency desirable;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
- Willingness to travel throughout West Africa
Please send a cover letter and a CV/Resume in French or English to email@example.com and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject header. The position will remain open until filled.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- All positions are full time and require a willingness to travel.
- Creative Associates is especially interested in receiving submissions from women applicants.
- Only qualified candidates who follow the application instructions will be contacted.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.