HME Maintenance Specialist
Gold Fields Ghana is seeking to appoint an experienced and technically qualified individual to the position of HME Maintenance Specialist (Heavy Mining Equipment).
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical support on all heavy mobile equipment in the Region, whilst leading continuous improvement initiatives in all aspects of maintenance and reliability engineering. The role involves oversight responsibility over a broad portfolio of key assets, leading and working with a team of maintenance professionals to meet set objectives.
- Lead and support the development and implementation of a portfolio of strategies for HME contract management at the Tarkwa and Damang operations and projects.
- Work with Mechanical Engineers, HME Engineering contract management and work crews to investigate complex failures and recommend SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely) solutions.
- Coach and lead team members in acquiring knowledge and provide expert advice on maintenance works.
- Advise and where appropriate, lead the defect elimination process on site to improve equipment reliability.
- Monitor and improve appropriate performance benchmarks and provide exemplary safety leadership.
- Review maintenance performance reports and equipment repair history, recommend and implement corrective actions.
- Engage with internal and external partners on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Monitor and consistently evaluate and determine manpower requirements of HME business partners and deployment, and advise senior management on how to achieve optimum utilisation of resources.
- Review, determine and advise senior management on HME scheduled maintenance requirements in order to optimise maintenance costs and engineering down time.
- Ensure contract obligations are executed so that critical operational supplies are assured, and commercial incentive programmes are optimised.
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering.
- Must have at least 15 years’ experience in HME maintenance function, five of which must be in a management role.
- Must have, at least, Engineering Superintendent’s Certification from the Minerals Commission, Ghana.
- Experience in leading and managing people and projects.
- Must be capable of operating in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment with the ability to multi-task.
- Good interpersonal skills to deal with clients, management, team members and site personnel.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the following machines: dump CAT 785C, CAT 785D, CAT 777D trucks; Liebherr (944, 984, 9250, 9350, 9200, 9400) backhoes and front shovels; Epiroc C50 and CL drill rigs; Sandvik DP1500i drill rigs; CAT track and wheel dozers; CAT graders; CAT and BOMAG soil compactors; CAT 992 series wheel loaders; CAT diggers, and CAT backhoe.
Candidates should submit detailed curriculum vitae through the SuccessFactors link below:
- Deadline: 28 October 2020
- Reference Number: 58687
Gold Fields is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment. Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: Pre-screening and psychometric evaluation may form part of the selection process. Shortlisted candidates will be requested to attend a panel interview. Applicants who receive no response to their applications within 14 days of the application deadline may consider their application for the position to be unsuccessful.