A reputable Financial Institution (non-bank) in Accra is seeking to recruit qualified individuals to fill the positions as Lawyers
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide legal representation in cases referred to the Litigation Unit
- Give legal opinion on matters referred from various departments of the company
- Examine legal data to determine advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal right and obligations
- Prepare legal briefs and opinions and file appeals in court where necessary
- Compile information for court cases by conducting legal research; finding laws or similar court decisions related to pending cases; interpreting laws or legislation, explaining government laws or regulations; analyzing data. legal questions and existing evidence or facts.
- Gather evidence, examine legal data, argue motions, question witnesses and negotiate settlements of civil disputes.
- Gather evidence to formulate defence or imitate legal actions
- Assist external solicitors of the Company in handling cases referred to them
- Serve on Disciplinary Committee where necessary
- Perform other duties that may assigned from time-to-time
Qualification and Experience
- LLB or a good first degree preferrably in BA Law
- BL or Qualifying Certificate in Law issued by the Ghana School of Law or any recognized Law School outside the country
- Must have been called to the Ghana Bar
- 1 to 3 years post qualification experience in litigation
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Should have knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, agency rules and executive orders.
- Should have knowledge of processes and principles for providing Company Secretarial Services as well Customer Services
- Must possess administrative and organization skills with the ability to prioritize demanding needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbal and mitten.
- Ability to negotiate settlements of civil disputes
- Ability to work well in a competitive and stressful environment with little or no supervision.
Interested applicants should forward their applications together with their detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of the certificates and other supporting documents to:
P.O. Box CT 4672
not later than 17th December 2019.