Abt. Associates Inc., a US-based company, is implementing USAID–funded President’s Malaria Initiative VectorLink project.
The project is supporting the implementation of malaria control strategies such as bednet distribution and indoor residual spraying (IRS). In Ghana, Abt has been implementing IRS in the northern areas since 2011 and is preparing for 2020 IRS campaign.
Abt Associates is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill temporary position of a Finance Assistant (8 positions). Successful candidates will be contracted for up to 4 months. Candidates that live in any of the districts mentioned below will have an added advantage: Bunkpurugu – Yunyoo, Tatale Sanguli, East Mamprusi (Gambaga), Gushegu, Karaga, Kumbungu, Mamprugu Moagduri (Kubori), West Mamprusi (Wungu).
Responsibilities of Finance Assistant
- Work closely with District Operations Coordinators in confirming engaged personnel for payment
- Collect information for and prepare payroll payment for seasonal staff. Ensure that funds advanced to pay mobilizers are closely monitored and cleared timely
- Timely distribute payments to seasonal staff and clear the paperwork in an expedited manner
- Lead preparation, revision and submission of bi-weekly financial reports
- Work with logistics department to ensure that all vendors are paid promptly
- Handle any finance-related project activities in the districts
- Collect and record in a computer all financial data for project activities in the district
- Adhere to the company’s financial policies and procedures
- Properly keep records of all financial transactions in the district
- Ensure swift payment of invoices by properly reviewing and verifying all submitted invoices
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of HND or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred, with two years working experience in Accounting, and Finance
- Proficiency in English and one or more Ghanaian Northern Language is a plus.
- Work overtime if necessary and meet deadlines for reporting.
- Knowledge of USAID regulations is an advantage.
- Good level of competence in MS Excel and MS Word programs
- Good inter-personal communication skills
- Good organizational skills and good problem-solving ability
How To Apply
Select a preferred district from the list provided above and state it in your application letter. Application letters that do not have specific district indicated will not be considered.
Submit an application letter and CV by ONE of the methods stated below. Do not use both methods to apply:
- Email application to the following address: email@example.com Please indicate the position and preferred district in the subject line of the email. Emails without district and Job title will not be considered.
- Deliver application by hand to the Abt/PMI VectorLink Project office located near the VSO office off the SSNIT Road Junction Kalpohine Estates, Tamale.
Deadline for submission of applications is 5:00 pm Friday, December 13, 2019;
Note: Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Females are particularly encouraged to apply!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org