Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a United States-based non-profit organization dedicated to discovering, and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA designs, rigorously evaluates, and refines these solutions and their applications together with decision-makers to ensure that the evidence created is used to improve livelihoods.
- Job Title: Field Supervisor
- Location: Brong Ahafo (Bono East & Bono) and Ashanti regions, Ghana
- Deadline to apply: 25th September 2020.
- Duration: 2 weeks of training and 13 weeks of field work
- Desired start date of training: 7th October 2020
- Language requirement: Twi and/or Dagaare
- Job Code: EP-EL-FS-20
A recent study run by IPA suggests a promising way of lifting people out of poverty. The study, published in Science, was a six country, 21,000 person randomized control trial which found that a multifaceted “graduation” program led to sustained improvements in income, spending and wealth, even after the program ended (Banerjee et al. 2015). Additionally, this program led to improvements in people’s mental well-being, and their perceived status in life.
Escaping Poverty Project is aimed at studying the Mental Health and Living Standards of households.
Reports to: Field Manager
Job Description: The Field Supervisor (FS) shall manage multiple teams of surveyors.
- Adhere to all IPA survey protocols;
- Supervise multiple field teams and Team Leaders;
- Organize overall field logistics;
- Contact the IPA Field Manager at any time with questions or concerns;
- Coordinate field work, manage field team expenses, communicate with the project management team;
- Ensure that field teams adhere to IPA protocols and meet their contractual obligations
- Accompany surveyors; conduct random, spot checks and run high-frequency checks on collected data
- Ensure survey equipment is managed appropriately by field teams
- Assist with the preparation of daily work plans
- Be responsible for maintaining good relations with IPA, partner organizations, project participants
- Perform other duties related to the project that may be assigned to him/her.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have Higher National Diploma (HND), first degree or its equivalent from a reputable institution with at least one-year field/data collection experience
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Should be fluent and able to translate questionnaire in Twi and/or Dagaare.
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and team player.
- Must be good at using Microsoft office; Excel, word, power point.
- Must have an accommodation in the district selected to work
- Must be willing to travel within assigned districts
- Should be familiar with Computer Assisted Interview (CAI) or keen to learn
- Familiarity with administering questionnaires using SurveyCTO is an advantage;
- Should be willing to travel and work in remote communities within the districts in which is project is working in.
- Must have leadership skills/experience in similar roles with IPA
How To Apply
To apply, please fill out the online application form by clicking the link below: https://ipaghana.surveycto.com/collect/fs_application_form_ep_endline_mb?caseid=
Please take note of the following instructions:
- Candidates will only be considered for the roles they applied for. Those who apply for higher positions and do not qualify for those roles will not be considered for other lower positions.
- Candidate are required to apply for all positions they are willing to accept
- Only the newest application will be considered from candidates who submit multiple applications for the same position.
Due to the high volume of applications received by IPA, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Applicants are also encouraged to apply early.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that IPA will never require monetary compensation as part of its application process. Any requests for monetary compensation by persons claiming to be IPA employees or persons claiming to represent IPA should be disregarded and reported. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.