Agromite Limited has an exciting opportunity for a Farm Equipment and Machinery Operator (FEMO) in its office in Tumu.
The Farm Equipment and Machinery Operator will safely operate and maintain assigned farm equipment to till the soil and to plant, cultivate, and harvest crops. In addition the operator may perform tasks, such as crop baling or hay bucking. May operate stationary equipment to perform post-harvest tasks, such as husking, shelling, and threshing. Overall, the FEMO is responsible for delivering quality mechanization services to our network of smallholder farmers (SHFs) and commercial operations as well as maintain the equipment in good condition like when the equipment was handed over to him or her at the beginning of the operating period. This position may require some weeknights and weekend hours.
- Attend all training programmes and meet the basic assessment of a FEMO requirements
- Conduct daily maintenance of farm equipment & machinery to ensure the equipment or machinery is in a good condition to safely perform the required service.
- Correctly mount and operate all equipment and implements as per the provide instructions for all operations using only recommend locks and pins.
- Operate the assigned farm equipment and machinery to perform mechanization services including but not limited to; tillage, cultivation, spraying, fertilizer application, irrigation, mechanical harvest, direct seeding, transplanting, mowing, mulching, cover cropping etc.
- Mix specified materials or chemicals, and dump solutions, powders, or seeds into planter or sprayer machinery.
- Proper mount a trailer load and off load goods and materials safely and transport to the specified destination.
- Observe and listen to machinery operation to detect equipment malfunctions.
- Inform the supervisor immediately you observe any malfunctioning or strange noise.
- Keep all the required up to date as instructed.
- Report any challenges immediately to supervisor, if an appropriate response is not received within a reasonable time, follow up and find out why from Agromite Limited’s Mechanization Services Manager
- Basic numeracy and literacy in English
- Ability to communicate in English Language
- A working experience with the use of farm equipment and machinery
- Good inter-personal relationship and proven team leader
- Ability to work under difficult conditions to meet stringent deadlines
- Ability to take initiatives
- Proficiency in the use of Smart Phone
- Knowledge of basic agronomy and crop and livestock production systems.
- Self-motivation and commitment to achieving excellence.
- Sound judgment with excellent decision-making, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Communication skills to work with company leadership to meet operational needs and company objectives