Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a United States-based non-profit organization dedicated to discovering, and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA designs, rigorously evaluates, and refines these solutions and their applications together with decision-makers to ensure that the evidence created is used to improve livelihoods.
- Job Title: Enumerator
- Location: Brong Ahafo (Bono East & Bono) and Ashanti regions, Ghana
- Deadline to apply: 25th September 2020
- Duration: 2 weeks of training and 13 weeks of field work
- Desired start date of training: 7th October 2020
- Language requirement: Twi and Dagaare
- Job Code: EP-EL-ENUM-20
A recent study run by IPA suggests a promising way of lifting people out of poverty. The study, published in Science, was a six country, 21,000 person randomized control trial which found that a multifaceted “graduation” program led to sustained improvements in income, spending and wealth, even after the program ended (Banerjee et al. 2015). Additionally, this program led to improvements in people’s mental well-being, and their perceived status in life.
Escaping Poverty Project is aimed at studying the Mental Health and Living Standards of households.
Reports to: Team Leader
Job description: The Surveyors / Enumerators shall administer/conduct interviews to respondents and assist in HFC corrections.
- Conduct endline surveys in assigned communities;
- Live within assigned districts or field stations during the period of the survey;
- Adhere to all IPA survey and data protocols;
- Promptly respond to contact from the Field Manager, Field Supervisor, Team Leaders, or other IPA staff.
- Perform other duties related to the project that may be assigned to him/her;
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have Higher National Diploma (HND), first degree or its equivalent from a reputable institution with at least one-year field/data collection experience
- Should be familiar with Computer Assisted Interview (CAI) or keen to learn
- Familiarity with administering interviews using SurveyCTO is an added advantage.
- Should be fluent in English
- Must have an accommodation in the district selected to work
- Should be fluent and able to translate questionnaire in Twi or/and Dagaare
- Should be willing to travel and work in remote communities within the districts in which the project is working in.
Note: Trainees who perform best at the surveyor training will be considered for auditor position.
How To Apply
To apply, please fill out the online application form by clicking the link below: https://ipaghana.surveycto.com/collect/enumerator_application_form_ep_endline_mb?caseid=
Please take note of the following instructions:
- Candidates will only be considered for the roles they applied for. Those who apply for higher positions and do not qualify for those roles will not be considered for other lower positions.
- Candidate are required to apply for all positions they are willing to accept
- Only the newest application will be considered from candidates who submit multiple applications for the same position.
Due to the high volume of applications received by IPA, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Applicants are also encouraged to apply early.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that IPA will never require monetary compensation as part of its application process. Any requests for monetary compensation by persons claiming to be IPA employees or persons claiming to represent IPA should be disregarded and reported. Please direct questions to email@example.com.