Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Ghana Ltd. (“AGGL”) is a joint venture between Galiano Gold and Gold Fields. The primary asset is the multi-pit Asanko Gold Mine complex, located in the Ashanti region of Ghana. Galiano Gold are the managers and operators of the Asanko Gold Mine.
AGGL is seeking to employ a suitably qualified person to fill the role below. The incumbent will to work with the health team to provide medical emergency response care to the workers of Asanko Gold Ghana Limited (AGGL).
Position: EMT Driver
- Ensure prompt and safe response whilst driving to and from emergency scene to the hospital whilst assisting in the provision of basic life support to the victims as may be instructed by AEMT;
- Ambulance and emergency Equipment Control/Maintenance;
- Safe evacuation and transfer of casualty according to defensive driving principles to the emergency units of the mine clinic or any location as may be directed by the medical doctor;
- Assist in the provision of emergency First Aid and advanced trauma life support to persons working on site;
- Assist AEMT in the provision of medical aid such as AED, CPR, prevent spinal damage, ventilation, control severe bleeding, prevent shock, bandaging wounds, etc., to stabilize patient condition;
- Assist in providing both direct and indirect patient care at emergency scenes;
- Sterilize the ambulance’s interior if it is used to carry a patient suffering from infectious disease;
- Assist restock of all supplies in the ambulance and replacement of used blankets, linens etc.;
- Maintain a functional, clean ambulance to operational standard at all times for emergency responses;
- Support Medical services unit in any medical campaigns as required and as requested;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
- Diploma or HND from a reputable institution;
- Certified by the National Ambulance Service of Ghana as an EMT Driver;
- Certified Paramedic + BLS + ACLS;
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience of Emergency Response experience;
- Professional Registration- EMT basic certification from NAS or First Aid certification from a reputable institution (Red-Cross, St. Johns etc.)
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving license (class C or higher) and have the ability to drive in rough terrain;
- Knowledge in National Ambulance Service guidelines within scope of practice;
- Competent in Defensive Driving and 4 x 4 driving;
- Caring for ill or injured patients;
- Lifting and loading of casualty into ambulance;
- BLS (CPR + AED use);
- Documentation of Ambulance usage records;
- Carry out infection control measures and disinfection of ambulance;
- Good communication and report writing skills;
- Strong Physically.
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
- Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for
- Limit your CV to 4 pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
- Please ensure you email firstname.lastname@example.org when applying for a job.