- Understands the basic and essential specifications and requirements of the assigned project and Industry Standard, Classification Society and Regulatory requirements.
- Prepares the single line diagram, cable block diagram, interconnection diagram, connection diagram and control schematics specific to the assigned project.
- Prepares engineering specifications (drawings, data sheets, etc) specific to the assigned project and validates them with the Senior/Lead Engineer or Project Manager before incorporating them in the RFQs.
- Evaluates with guidance from Senior/Lead Engineer, the basic items of all the bids received for Electrical packages from various suppliers and performs a technical bid evaluation process against the project specifications.
- Prepares accurate documents and specifications timely to be provided to the successful vendors to enable the latter to execute their work and deliverables.
- Develops solutions to the less complex range of technical/engineering and related problems by analyzing the issues/data, interpreting the analysis and proposing various options/measures using experience, precedents and professional references.
- Understands and performs Load Flow, Short Circuit and Motor Starting studies on ETAP software.
- Under supervision of Senior/Lead Engineer evaluates the Electrical requirement for mechanical packages in Marine & Topside, contributes to technical bid evaluation process, and ensures selected vendors meet technical/engineering and delivery requirements as stipulated in the project specifications.
- Participates in Factory Acceptance test/Site Acceptance test to ensure that Electrical items function as per specifications. Where necessary, works with the suppliers/contractors concerned to rectify the issues & making sure that they comply with the specifications and are ready on time.
- Participates in meetings, reviews progress and helps address interface/implementation/execution issues, escalates where necessary to ensure that the project proceeds timely and smoothly. Follows up to implement continuous improvement or lesson learnt actions items.
- Provides technical/engineering support to Construction/Commissioning work at site, helps trouble shoot and follows up to rectify the gaps or problems. Where necessary, provides off-site support and advice.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- 2 to 3 years of relevant working experience in Electrical engineering in oil and gas sector.
- Is aware of a) applicable industry standards, Company standards, specifications and procedures for his functional area; b) application, sizing and selection of electrical equipment like Switchgear, Transformers, UPS, Batteries, Cables etc.
- Is competent in using ETAP software for performing load flow, short circuit & motor starting studies and preparation of basic documents.
- Understands electrical system for an FPSO including Normal/Essential/Emergency Power generation and distribution.
To apply for this job please visit modec.sabacloud.com.