Website Youth Challenge International
Why is Youth Challenge International the place to be?
YCI designs global development solutions that create the conditions for youth to thrive and prosper. YCI’s programs use creative approaches to equip young people with the tools, experience, knowledge and networks to build sustainable livelihoods.
We are seeking passionate, creative, and highly adaptable young people, between the ages of 19-30, who are up for a challenge. Do you believe that youth (including yourself!) are powerful agents of change that have the power to transform lives and communities? If so, this position may be for you!
What you’ll do:
The intern will work alongside the project team on two main projects to:
- Assist in forming partnership with informal women associations to recruit women for the Women in Digital Skills program
- Write reports on all projects
- Conduct assessments on project impacts
- Work on sourcing opportunities and updating company database of opportunities for women
- Work with the team on scaling strategies for Women in Digital skills as they look to expand to two more regions in Ghana
- Provide support on the Skills Assessment tool for the Digital Jobs for Women program
- Any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor based on Intern’s skills and interest
Departure date: October 2019
You’ll fit right in if you have:
- Undergraduate degree or college certificate in international development, business, project management, education, social sciences or computer science
- Experience in coordination of projects or volunteers in a non-profit
- Ability to work in a team
- Able to follow given instructions with minimal supervision
- Punctual, reliable and professional
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively carry out online research
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong commitment to youth and women’s empowerment
- Strong commitment to anti-discrimination
- Highly computer literate
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. Submit early and don’t miss the chance to participate in the experience of a lifetime!
Please click the button below and fill out the application form with your cover letter and resume attached in a single PDF or Word document. Due to the competitive nature of this role, no phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note: Intern participation is completely voluntary and is by no means and shall not be construed as an employment contract. The intern is not entitled to claim for any wages, indemnity, payment, notice of termination or pay in lieu of notice of termination, or any other benefits and agrees that he or she may not be considered as an employee under employment laws including the Act respecting Labour Standards and the Civil Code of Quebec.
Innovate ME is generously funded by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada.