Director of Internal Audit
Tamale Technical University seeks the services of Director of Internal Audit.
The duties and responsibilities of the Director include:
• Determining the reliability and adequacy of accounting, financial and operational controls in the University
• Evaluate the procedure of the University to determine whether results are consistent with stated objectives and goals
• Monitoring reports and ensuring compliance with the relevant laws and regulations with established policies, plans and procedures
• Appraising the quality of performance of those carrying out assigned responsibilities
• Assessing the extent to which assets are accounted for and safeguarded against losses
• Ensuring that reliable records form the basis for the preparation of appropriate financial and other data provided for decision making
• Drawing the Vice Chancellor’s attention to deficiencies in the system, instances of duplicated functions, waste or other inefficiencies with recommendations for remedies where necessary
• Carrying out special reviews of accounting and internal control systems with the view to minimizing weakness
Qualification Required & Experience of the Director
• Applicant must be a Chartered Accountant and hold a minimum of a Master’s Degree in the relevant field. He/She must have served as a Deputy Internal Auditor in a University or a comparable grade in a similar institution/organization for at least 6 years
The Director must:
• Be computer literate and conversant with a accounting/auditing software applications.
• Be analytical, critical, result-oriented, innovative and visionary
• Possess hands-on ability to work independently
• Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills
• Be a good team player
• Be able to work under pressure and meed deadlines and
• Possess proactive commercial flair
The Director of Internal Audit shall hold Office for 4 years at the first appointment and may, on application by himself/herself, be reappointed for a further term of up to 4 years only, provided that no part of the second term enters into his/her compulsory retirement.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested qualified applicants should submit their application with 3 copies of the following:
• Application Letter
• Curriculum vitae, indicating date of birth, contact information and addresses of 3 referees at least one of whom should be from the applicant’s last place of work
• Certified true copies of relevant certificates
• A statement of their vision for the University’s Audit Directorate in not more than 500 words.
To the address:
Tamale Technical University
P.O.Box 3 ER
Applicants are also required to submit soft copies (in scanned PDF) of their application and accompanying documents to the following address:
Closing Date: 15 October, 2020