Website Teach for All
Director, Global Corporate Partnerships
DESCRIPTION AND REQUIREMENTS
The Director of Global Corporate Partnerships will play a key role in enabling us to raise significant resources from corporations – accounting for about 20% of Teach For All’s overall revenue needs.
The Director will report to the Head of Corporate Partnerships working closely with her and Teach For All’s Head of Global Development and Teach For All’s CEO to execute on the corporate fundraising strategy.
He/she will help build and cultivate an engaged community of global companies who understand the nature of educational inequity in countries around the world and believe in Teach For All’s potential to expand educational opportunities for children in high-need communities.
Through this, the Director will work to secure financial commitments from global companies in order to provide the resources needed to fuel Teach For All’s global effort.
The Director, Global Corporate Partnerships will mobilize a community of corporate supporters for Teach For All’s efforts, helping to raise at least $4 million in FY19 and:
- Own and manage a robust portfolio of individual donors by creating and executing strategies for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of new donor
- Play a significant role in contributing to Teach For All’s overall fundraising goals and help raise funding for network partners
- Develop high-impact communications both internally and externally to advance potential partnerships
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Strategy and Execution (40%):
- Work in close partnership with Head of Corporate Partnerships and Teach For All’s CEO to build and cultivate a robust and growing pipeline of corporate donors
- Own and manage a robust portfolio of potential corporate supporters by creating and executing strategies for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of new donors
- Help execute on an operational plan for meeting corporate partnership fundraising targets annually, totaling approximately $4 million in FY19
- Support the expansion of the corporate portfolio by focusing on sourcing new prospects and facilitating initial engagements
- Identify and leverage external opportunities to engage corporate supporters and ensure Teach For All is an influential global voice among corporate champions
- Work with the public affairs team to generate engagement benefits, and to execute on communications plans
- Create and review donor research with a critical eye to discern the best path forward to engage
- Help to secure financial resources for Teach For All’s network partners
- Maintain a lens on funding trends and initiatives with foresight, to help position Teach For All for future opportunities
Writing & Communications 30%
- Craft and write compelling proposals and other requests for support, in collaboration with Teach For All’s Global Development Communications team
- Draft communications and other requests on behalf of the CEO and other key stakeholders
- Develop appropriate recognition opportunities and benefits for corporate partners
- Maintain deep knowledge of programmatic priorities to represent the organization effectively with external constituents and link donor interests to Teach For All’s priorities
- Create compelling PowerPoint presentations for funder meetings and touchpoints
Building Relationship (20%):
- Develop deep relationships with and understanding of corporate prospects and donors
- Build the relationships and insight to serve as a resource to Teach For All’s network partners in accessing funding and support from corporations
- Lead on identifying and leveraging external opportunities to engage corporate supporters – suggesting opportunities for the team and others at Teach For All to engage
- Support the Corporate Partnerships team in stewarding current corporate supporters by acting as external solicitor when appropriate
- Partner with programmatic staff to advance shared goals
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with Teach For All network partners
Systems and Operations (10%)
- Ensure efficient operations and systems within the Corporate Partnerships portfolio, Global Development team and broader organization
- Maintain and update Salesforce for a portfolio of corporate partners
- In partnership with the Corporate Partnership Specialist, sustain and improve the corporate pipeline and systems
- Oversee progress to ensure full and effective utilization of Salesforce and other data tracking
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proven success fundraising highly preferred
- Experience with corporate giving, philanthropy and marketing strategies highly preferred
- At least 5 years of prior work experience preferred
- English fluency required. Fluency in written and spoken Spanish is preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exemplifies Teach For All’s core values and a commitment to Teach For All’s mission
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and manage a high volume workload at a fast pace with strong attention to detail and a high bar for quality
- Superb writing and communications skills
- Able to navigate complex donor environments with judgment, sound strategic thinking, and tactical skill
- Demonstrated success in building strong prospect lists, and building relationships that yield expanded and multi-year funding
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to set vision and direction and then execute towards that vision
- Strong ability to build relationships and influence others
- Strong reasoning and strategic thinking skills; ability to demonstrate good judgment
- Must have sensitivity to racial, cultural and ideological diversity
Candidates for this position must possess local work authorization in order to be considered.
Travel and Hours
Travel expected, approximately 20%. Given that we work across every different time zone, some non-traditional hours for early or later calls are an expectation of this role.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
About Teach For All
Teach For All is a global network of over 40 independent, locally led and governed partner organizations and a global organization that works to accelerate the progress of the network.
Each network partner recruits and develops promising future leaders to teach in their nations’ under-resourced schools and communities and, with this foundation, to work with others, inside and outside of education, to ensure all children are able to fulfil their potential.
Teach For All’s global organization works to increase the network’s impact by capturing and spreading learning, facilitating connections among partners, accessing global resources, and fostering the leadership development of partner staff, teachers, and alumni.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusiveness
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization that inspires individuals of all backgrounds – across nationalities, races, ethnicities, religions, political views, economic backgrounds, sexual orientations, physical disabilities, languages, ages, genders and prior experiences – to bring their full selves to the work of ensuring educational opportunity for all.
In order to maximize our effectiveness in fulfilling Teach For All’s mission, we also feel it is important to focus on increasing representation and inclusiveness with respect to two dimensions in particular: we prioritize diversity of geography because this can help us quickly understand and connect with the diverse cultures and geographies of the world.
We also prioritize increasing the representation and inclusiveness of team members who themselves have experienced the inequities we are working to address by nature of sharing the background (e.g. economic, racial and ethnic, religious) of the most disadvantaged groups in their countries.
To apply for this job please visit teachforall.avature.net.