Development worker as advisor in regional planning administration
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
- Supporting the RCC in organising activities and facilitating trainings in the districts
- Advising and training the RCC in data collection and management
- Facilitating a continuous exchange between RCC and districts
- Promoting the application of participatory planning methods, the inclusion of civil society, the empowerment of women and the consideration of the interests of minorities
- Degree and technical expertise in one of the following areas: urban, regional or spatial planning, geography, law, international relations or comparable qualification
- Good knowledge and experience in planning procedures and methods
- Working experience in / with public administration
- Knowledge in geographic information systems (GIS)
- Intercultural and communicational skills
- Driving licence and driving experience
- Very good English knowledge (written and oral)
- Residence: 6 positions at 6 different district capitals – Bolgatanga, Koforidua, Kumasi, Sunyani, Takoradi, Tamale.
- Climate: Hot dry climate in Bolgatanga and Tamale, hot humid climate with rainy season between June and September in Koforidua, Kumasi and Sunyani.
- Medical supply: Basic provision at all 6 locations, very good health facilities only in Accra.
- Shopping: Items for daily needs at all 6 locations, shops with European offer in the capital Accra.
- School facilities: International schools only in Accra.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
- We are a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and work to build a future worth living around the world. We support projects in over 130 countries to achieve goals sustainably together with our partners.
- Your work will begin with an onboarding and preparation phase that will give you initial insights into GIZ and lay the groundwork for your upcoming assignment, establishing new contacts and building up your network.
- Extensive check-ups and preventive measures (e.g. on appointment, before the outward journey, during the stay in a country of assignment, in an emergency) are provided to our staff and the family members accompanying them as a matter of course.
- As a development worker, you can use the project vehicle for trips to school or to visit a doctor or can receive a monthly lump-sum mobility allowance instead. The project vehicle can also be used for personal trips with your manager’s approval.
- As well as your basic living allowance, as a development worker you will also receive extensive additional benefits during your assignment (including a foreign service premium, family allowances, private group health insurance).
- To enable you to get ready for your assignment as a development worker and your outward journey, you will be given outward journey leave following your preparation time in Germany.
- We will cover a large portion of the childcare costs for dependent children under 14 who are accompanying you if your partner is not doing so and is not a development worker or integrated expert themselves. Most nursery and school fees are paid.
- We will reimburse you for your rental costs based on the rent index for your country as well as paying you an equipment and furnishing allowance on top.
- You and the members of your family accompanying you will be covered by our health and liability insurance, while your family members will also benefit from accident insurance. In countries in crisis, we operate a comprehensive risk management system for your protection, which minimises personal dangers and risks.
We are a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and work to build a future worth living around the world. We support projects in over 130 countries to achieve goals sustainably together with our partners.,
+49 (0) 6196 79 3200
To apply for this job please visit jobs.giz.de.