SPIE GHANA LTD is currently looking for a Deputy Project Manager
The Deputy Project Manager supports the teams and equipment resources required to ensure the cost-effective implementation of a service contract.
He assists the Project Manager in ensuring the contracts cost-effectiveness in accordance with the strategic decisions.
1. Comply with and ensure compliance with QHSE rules, instructions and procedures in force at SPIE OGS.
2. Ensure the achievement of QHSE results and proper application of HSE policy at the subsidiary.
3. Ensure contract cost-effectiveness.
4. Ensure that contract aims defined with the customer and its line management are achieved.
Mission 1: Comply with and ensure compliance with QHSE rules, instructions and procedures in force at SPIE OGS.
He or she:
– Must be and must remain well informed of rules, instructions and procedures regarding QHSE.
– Implements and ensures implementation of SPIE OGS QHSE rules, instructions and procedures.
– Makes proposals for the continuous improvement of QHSE provisions.
– Draws up noncompliance and/or observation reports when noting any malfunction or risk situation and transmits them to the local QHSE department.
– Immediately alerts any person who caused a risk situation, on noting the occurrence of any such situation.
– Adopts an eco-approach at all times in the exercise of his/her duties.
– Alerts the line management when encountering any professional situation that does not comply with the principles and rules governing the carrying out of SPIE Group activities (Ethics Alert).
Mission 2: Assist in Managing the human and equipment resources required to perform contracts.
He or she:
– Checks logistics organisation in collaboration with the logistics team.
– Co-ordinates personnel administration (rotations, clearances, training, etc.).
– Makes forward plans for personnel movements, mobilisations and means.
Mission 3: Assist in ensuring contract cost-effectiveness.
He or she:
– Checks and monitors the progress of expenditures.
– Manages contract risks and is responsible for ensuring compliance with the contract clauses between the parties.
– Formalises and transmits internal feedback.
Mission 4: Assist in ensuring that contract aims defined with the customer and its line management are achieved.
He or she:
– Takes care of internal communication on performance.
– Recovers information from Project Manager and support functions, and then draws up periodic and specific activity reports (HSE, personnel movements, reliability, etc.).
– Set up the necessary corrective actions to achieve specified objectives, in collaboration with the relevant teams.
– Makes sure that local actions are in line with corporate objectives.
Diploma in Engineering or Masters degree
Basic technical training
Knowledge in the maintenance/ engineering field
General knowledge of the equipment, methods and processes used in the oil industry
Contract management skills
Experience in oil production / engineering
Maintenance project control or similar
Development of technical solutions in operational context
Ability to analyse
Ability to think objectively
Ability to listen and actively communicate
Good sense of initiative and anticipation
Understanding of strategic stakes
Focus on cost control and cost-effectiveness
To apply for this job please visit www.join.spieogs.com.