Deputy Internal Auditor
• The core roles of the Deputy Internal Auditor are to coordinate and supervise all auditing functions, management and administrative processes
Among the key responsibilities of the Deputy Internal Auditor are to:
• Assist the Director of Audit in the overall management and administration of the office and functions as provided in the Technical Universities Act, 2016 (Act 922) and other national laws and regulations relating to finance and audit.
• Control and maintain all financial transactions and accounting records in compliance with general accounting standards and applicable government regulations;
• Review all monthly and annual financial reports for compliance and accuracy;
• Ensure proper fiscal reporting;
• Prepare operating budget, oversee multi-year fiscal planning and coordinate annual audit;
• Assist in the analysis of all budgets for review by the Director of Audit;
• Plan, direct, coordinate and review all personnel of the Audit Directorate;
• Develop, implement and maintain auditing and administrative policies and procedures of the University.
Qualification Required & Experience
The applicant must:
• Possess a minimum of research Masters Degree in Finance/ Accounting or relevant field,
• Be a Chartered Accountant with a membership of recognized professional bodies such as ACCA/ ICA/ CPA;
• Have served as a Senior Internal Auditor in a University for at least six (6) years OR from industry OR public practice with at least six (6) years of managerial experience.
• Be required to support his/her application with papers and publication/write up on work done i.e. position papers/value added papers, reports, memoranda on administrative matters and issues for two (2) External Assessors’ evaluation.
• Be computer literate and conversant with accounting/auditing software applications.
In addition, an applicant must:
• Be analytical, critical, result-oriented, innovative and visionary;
• Possess hands-on ability to work independently;
• Possess excellent communication, interpersonal Skills; accounting and auditing software;
• Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Note: Evidence of membership of CISA will be an added advantage.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should please submit a completed Application Form (obtainable from the KTU’s Website, www.ktu.edu.gh or the Human Resource Department of the University) with comprehensive CVs, together with copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts of academic records to:
Koforidua Technical University,
P.O. Box KF 981,
Those applying from outside Ghana may submit one copy of their completed Application Form with the accompanying documents via email to :
Applicants should inform their referees to submit directly to the Registrar, confidential references on them.
The position being sought for by the applicant must be indicated in the Confidential Reference Letter being submitted as indicated above.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Closing Date: 30 October, 2020