The Mental Health Authority, an agency of the Ministry of Health, was established in accordance with Mental Health Act, 2012 (Act 846) of the Republic of Ghana. The Authority is mandated to regulate mental health practice in Ghana and provide mental health services via public psychiatric hospitals in the country.
The Authority currently has vacancy for the position of Deputy Director-Finance, a management position, opened to all eligible and interested Ghanaians scheduled as below:
- Job Title: Deputy Director – Finance
- Responsible To: Chief Executive
- Accountable To: Chief Executive
To oversee and ensure sound financial management practices for the Authority.
The position entails heading the Finance Division for collection, collation, analysis, storage and presentation of accounting/financial information of the Mental Health Authority (MHA) as a public institution while advising on sound financial management practices and ensuring adherence to laws, regulations and standards of the practice.
Required Skills or Experience
- Postgraduate Degree in Accounting or related field with Bachelors Degree in Accounting from a recognised institution.
- A chartered Accountant ( ACCA/ICA (Gh./CIMA, CPA)
- Evidence of continuous professional training in accounting
- Leadership and management training
- 5 years experience at the grade of Principal Accountant
- 13 years post Bachelors’ Degree relevant working experience in a recognized institution/organization
- 5 years Post-graduate qualification experience with at least 3 years at Management level with a recognized institution or organization
5 years post Chartered Accountant qualification experience with at least 3 years at Management level with a recognized public institution.
- Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and guidelines governing public sector accounting and finance practice in Ghana
- Knowledge of MOH Accounting Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge of general administrative practices and office procedures / protocols
- Adequate understanding of:
- General ledger accounting practices
- Cost analysis
- Accounting principles
- Knowledge about computer- based accounting systems.
Skills & Abilities
- Effective communication skills.
- ICT skills
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to design financial spreadsheets and analyze data and information
- Ability to demonstrate and participate in effective team working
- Commitment to the course of improving mental health in Ghana
- Integrity, flexibility, enthusiasm, motivation, courtesy, trustworthiness and being fair and firm.
- The applicants should preferably be on the Controller and Accountant General’s (CAGD’s) payroll of any agency or partner within the Ministry of Health.
How To Apply
- All eligible individuals should send their respective cover letters plus most updated Curriculum Vitae to the address below by Friday December 18, 2020:
Mental Health Authority
(Location: Old premises of Ministry of Health)