Deputy Director of Finance
The University is seeking to recruit a dynamic, self-motivated, and seasoned professional for employment as Deputy Director of Finance.
• The core roles of the Deputy Director of Finance are to coordinate and supervise all accounting functions, financial analysis and the budget development and administration process.
Among the key responsibilities of the Deputy Director of Finance are to:
• Assist the Director of Finance for the overall management and administration of the office as provided in the Technical Universities Act, 2016 (Act 922).
• Co-ordinate the preparation of the University’s Consolidated Financial Statement and
• Prepare quarterly University Management Accounts and semester Financial Report.
• Supervise and review the preparation of monthly financial reports of Faculties and Internally Generated Fund (IGF) units.
• Manage receivables, revenue and payables and reconciliation of Internally Generated Fund.
• Responsible for the control and maintenance of all financial transactions and accounting records in compliance with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and applicable government regulations.
• Develop, implement and maintain accounting and administrative policies and procedures.
• Supervise the preparation of the University’s operating budget, oversee multi-year fiscal planning and co-ordinate annual audit and preparation of monthly variance reports.
Qualification Required & Experience
The applicant must:
• Possess a research Masters degree in Finance/ Accounting, or Accounting & Finance
• Be a Chartered Accountant with a membership of a recognized professional body such as ACCA, ICA, CPA, CPFA, CIMA.
• Have served as a Senior Accountant in a University for at least six (6) years OR from industry OR public practice with at least six (6) years of managerial experience.
• Be required to support his/her application with papers and publication/write-up on work done i.e. position papers/value-added papers, reports, memoranda on administrative matters and issues for two (2) External Assessors’ evaluation.
• Be computer literate and conversant with accounting software applications and financial modeling.
In addition, the applicant must:
• Be an analytical, critical thinker, result-oriented, innovative and visionary;
• Possess hands-on ability to work independently;
• Have excellent communication skills and good interpersonal skills;
• Be a good team player; and
• Possess proactive commercial flair.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should please submit a completed Application Form (obtainable from the KTU’s Website, www.ktu.edu.gh or the Human Resource Department of the University) with comprehensive CVs, together with copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts of academic records to:
Koforidua Technical University,
P.O. Box KF 981,
Those applying from outside Ghana may submit one copy of their completed Application Form with the accompanying documents via email to :
Applicants should inform their referees to submit directly to the Registrar, confidential references on them.
The position being sought for by the applicant must be indicated in the Confidential Reference Letter being submitted as indicated above.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Closing Date: 30 October, 2020