Deputy Director, Biosafety
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides input for the formulation of policies;
• Supervises the implementation of programmes and activities of the Directorate;
• Oversees the development of project proposals for the Directorate;
• Oversees public education and sensitization on the Directorate’s activities in collaboration with the Public Relations Unit;
• Oversees the establishment of a system for the receipt and processing of applications;
• Provides secretariat support for the operation of the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC);
• Supervises the establishment of administrative mechanisms for the appropriate handling and storage of documents and data in connection with the processing of applications;
• Drafts permits and associated terms and conditions in consultation with the legal unit;
• Communicate with applicants, TAC, other experts and the public on relevant matters;
• Establishes a system for the handling of confidential information;
• Reviews applications for the declaration of confidential business information;
• Oversees the management of the human, material and financial resource of the Directorate;
• Builds and manages an effective and dedicated work environment team;
• Oversees the preparation of annual and other periodic reports of the Directorate;
• Oversees the preparation of the annual work plan and budget of the Directorate;
• Responds to audit queries on financial matters;
• Oversees the implementation of the Performance Management System within the Directorate;
• Supervises and appraises the performance of immediate subordinate staff.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Biological Sciences or any other related discipline from an accredited tertiary institution;
• A relevant qualification in Public and or Business Administration would be an advantage;
• A minimum of eight (8) years relevant post Bachelor’s degree work experience, four (4) years of which must be in a senior management position in a relevant organization;
• Must pass a selection interview conducted by the Authority in collaboration with Public Services Commission.
• Communication, report writing and presentation skills.
• Good research and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of project and programmes management.
• High integrity and good ethical standards.
• Team player.
• Alternative Dispute Management.
• Good knowledge in financial management laws and regulations.
• Knowledge in relevant Conventions and Treaties.
• Knowledge in the Biosafety Clearing House (BCH) operations.
• Good knowledge in labour laws and regulations.
• Good networking and resource mobilisation.
• Good leadership, mentoring and lobbying skills.
• Knowledge in relevant IT applications.
• Good strategic planning.
• Monitoring and evaluation skills.
• Attention to details.
• Guidance and counselling.
• Proposal writing skills.
• Biosafety administration procedures.
• Biosafety risk assessment.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidate should send their CVs to:
National Biosafety Authority (NBA)
Box WY 669,
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copies of applications should be submitted at the NBA Secretariat located on the campus of graduate School of Nuclear and Allied Sciences, GAEC, near Kwabenya Police Station
Closing Date: 12 October, 2020