Responsible for the design and management of the organization’s database architecture to ensure secure access and availability in accordance with business needs.
• Manage the organization’s database technologies and associated schemas to allow secure, efficient and effective access to the organization’s structured data
• Review and revise processes and procedures to enhance efficiency of access to users and systems
• Plan and implement regular system upgrades to enhance service continuity and user experience
• Create and manage multiple databases and assist in capacity planning
• Monitor, Maintain database systems and troubleshoot and fix problems that may arise
• Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of all database users)
• Develop strategies and implement solutions for data retention and replication to disaster recovery sites
• Create and manage constraints and indexes
• Support software developers with database operations including the development of complex SQL, tuning of DML and creation of stored procedures
• Setup and maintain database infrastructure for the company`s BI needs
• Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow, criticality and dependencies
• Effectively coordinate and communicate with all stakeholders (internal teams and vendors)
• Responsibility for health checks, tablespace and log management
• Backup & Recovery.
• Responsibility for providing support in Testing and Deployment of new components.
• Providing technical support across the Database Estate
• Database encryption management in line with GDPR
• Responsibility for Engineered Database Systems (Exadata, FusionCube, etc.)
• Accountable for Documentation of all changes across the Database Estate
• Required to take decisions best suited for the stability of the Database environment during instability.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field.
• 5+ years’ experience with Oracle & MsSql Database administration & Support
• 2-4 years’ experience with database Clustering
• 2-4 years’ experience with Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology (SMART)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
• Ability to work well in a team in a fast paced, constantly changing environment