Data Entry Assistant (37 positions)
Abt. Associates Inc., a US-based company, is implementing USAID–funded President’s Malaria Initiative VectorLink project. The project is supporting the implementation of malaria control strategies such as bednet distribution and indoor residual spraying (IRS). In Ghana, Abt has been implementing IRS in the northern areas since 2011 and is preparing for the 2020 IRS campaign.
Abt is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill a temporary position of Data Entry Assistant (37 positions). Successful candidates will be contracted for up to 3 months. Candidates that live in any of the following districts will be preferred: Bunkpurugu-Nakpanduri/Yunyoo-Nasuan (Nakpanduri), Tatale-Sanguli, East Mamprusi (Gambaga), Gushegu, Karaga, Kumbungu, Mamprugu Moagduri (Yagaba), West Mamprusi (Walewale).
Responsibilities of Data Entry Assistant
- Enter data collected during the project activities into a project database. Expected average is 400 lines per day
- Address data collection errors and perform regular data cleaning
- Generate and print various data reports from a database when requested
- File all completed data forms according to project data filing protocols
- Support data management sessions of training for seasonal IRS workers
- Conduct data collection verification exercises in the communities when required
- Support verification and reconciliation of community mobilizer days worked/payments.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of Diploma in computer science, data management or any other related field
- Certificate in DHIS2 is required (visit the following link for free course on DHIS 2 and certification: https://academy.dhis2.org/courses/HISP/DHIS2_Level1/2015_Q1/about)
- Experience in data entry and management is an advantage
- Good interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Proficiency in English and one or more northern Ghanaian language will be an advantage
- Comfortable with using MS Access and MS Excel applications
- Comfortable with using the DHIS 2 system for data entry, cleaning and reporting (Previous experience in IRS activities is an added advantage
How To Apply
Select a preferred district from the list provided above and state it in your application letter. Application letters that do not have specific district indicated will not be considered.
Submit an application letter and CV by ONE of the methods stated below. Do not use both methods to apply:
- Email application to the following address: email@example.com. Please indicate the position and preferred district in the subject line of the email. Emails without district and Job title will not be considered.
- Deliver application by hand to the Abt/PMI VectorLink Project office located near VSO office off the SSNIT Road Junction Kalpohine Estates, Tamale.
Deadline for submission of applications is 5:00 pm Friday, December 13, 2019;
Note: Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Females are particularly encouraged to apply!