Data Centre & Server Administrator Summary
Apply now for Current Vodafone Ghana jobs 2022 for the position of a Data Centre & Server Administrator
At Vodafone, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
Data Centre & Server Administrator Role Purpose
Overall responsible for the Management of Unix & Linux distribution servers and services on them across Vodafone Ghana Estate. Leadership control of the Unix & Linux systems on day-to-day basis will cover:
1. Effectively manage the installation / commissioning, configuration of hardware and software components of the Unix & Linux Servers (physical & virtual machines) in the data centre
2. Maintain and ensure adherence to effective policies and best practices per the cyber security baseline requirements for Unix & Linux servers
3. Maintain all IT Unix & Linux infrastructure with automated, system management capabilities (including monitoring of critical systems), with ability to proactively identify potential system failures before they materialize as well as provide Level 2/3 technical support for systems and application running on them.
4. Protect Vodafone Ghana’s IT systems from both internal and external sources of usage ( and assess) that could potentially lead to damage to IT investments, service denial or interruption, theft of company data assets and any malicious activity against normal operation of the business.
5. Ensure high availability (24 by 7) and performance (against SLA) of all Linux and Unix servers, to provide dependable, highly secure, real-time access systems and make recommendation for future hardware and software upgrades
Data Centre & Server Administrator Core Competencies
Technical and Professional Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field preferred
Seven or more years of Unix & Linux System Administration, 2 of which have in a technical management capacity
6+ years experience with Unix/Linux and support
5-7 years experience with Unix/Linux system management and monitoring
Data Centre & Server Administrator Skills
Monitor and Diagnose
Automation and Robotics
Data Analytics and Insights
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.
To apply for this job please visit careers.vodafone.com.