- Master’s degree in business administration or relevant business management education
- Minimum of 10 years work experience from strategic positions in a relevant company or large corporation
- Excellent understanding of budgeting and financial planning
- Excellent networking skills able to quickly build relations with government officials, local partners and other relevant stakeholders
- Experience from multi-cultural organizations and be the unifier of differences
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including leadership and people-management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Providing leadership and direction, this relates to commercial planning, coordination, organizational development and continual improvement of the business unit.
- To ensure that a safe working environment is provided to all employees and promote a safety-first culture by communicating the importance of and demonstrating personal compliance to all safety management system and regulatory requirements.
- Manage direct reporting units and oversee indirect reporting units within the country. This involves taking the joint responsibility in the EMT for HSSE, Operations, Revenue, Profit, Cash and Quality targets in Ghana.
- Network effectively with local clients and develop strong professional relationships; Build and maintain trust with stakeholders and key customers in the respective region and deliver on the local content strategy.
- To ensure financial budgets are prepared, approved, and executed in compliance with company directives.
- Review and analyse financial data to determine actions required to achieve desired financial performance levels.
- Ensure that Accounting practices are compliant to established Company requirements and local regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that all Management representatives of the business unit are aware of the requirements associated with global anti-corruption laws, regulations and their responsibility to comply.
- Maintain awareness of local market conditions and potential changes, new commercial opportunities, emerging market, industry trends and new technology (company and competitors).
- Review tender requests received to determine actions required to respond and provide recommendations to complete.
- Present regular performance reports, recommendation reports (i.e. capital expenditures, expansion) to the EMT for review and disposition.
- Define and/or recommend performance objectives for areas of the business and develop specific short or long-term plans or programs to archive, maintain or enhance performance.
- Review and approve cost control reports, cost estimates as well as resource requirements forecasts (i.e. equipment, personnel, facilities).
- Provide advice, guidance, and direction to subordinate executives and managers toward their professional development. Mentor direct reports, especially in regard to our Mission, Vision and Values.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org