Work Experience: ExperiencedIndustry:
The Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) is the apex continental organization mandated to coordinate agricultural research and innovation in Africa and advocate for its effective deployment as a driver for African agricultural growth. FARA also serves as the technical arm of the Africa Union Commission (AUC) and the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency (NPCA) on matters concerning science, technology and innovation for agriculture.
The mission of FARA is to contribute to generating high, broad-based and sustainable agricultural growth by catalyzing improvements to the productivity and competiveness of the sector through increased and effective application of Science, Technology and Innovation (STI). FARA executes its mission by performing the following functions within the context of supporting the implementation of the Science Agenda for Agriculture in Africa: (i) advocacy for increased application of STI in agriculture which is a necessary condition for achieving national and continental agricultural development goals; (ii) strengthening the human, institutional and systemic capacities for agricultural innovation; (iii) facilitating the exchange of information and knowledge in STI for agriculture; and (iv) facilitating partnerships among research, innovation and agribusiness actors within Africa as well as between Africa and external regional or national entities.
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
(Quality & Cost Based Selection)
Consulting Services: Hiring of Internal Audit Firm for FARA
Organisation: Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA)
Procurement Ref: FARA/CS/QCBS/2021/01
1. The Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) is an apex organization forming and bringing together coalitions of major stakeholders in agricultural research for development (AR4D) in Africa. It is the technical arm of the African Union with the mandate of developing and coordinating Agricultural Research for Development in Africa.
2. FARA serves as the entry point for agricultural research initiatives in Africa designed to have a continental reach or a sub-continental reach spanning more than one sub-region. Headquartered in Accra, Ghana, FARA has been in existence since the late 1990s. Over this period, FARA has provided a continental forum for stakeholders in AR4D to shape the vision and agenda for this sub-sector, and to mobilize themselves to respond to key continent-wide development frameworks, notably the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme (CAADP).
3. In order to ensure that the organisation’s funds are used properly for the purpose for which they are intended and accounted for in accordance with our donors’ procedures, it is prudent to engage an Internal Audit firm to provide a continuous and critical appraisal of the functioning of the organisation with a view to suggest improvements thereto and add value to and strengthen the overall mechanism of FARA and its internal control systems.
4. The overall objective of this assignment is to; a) express an independent professional opinion with regard to efficiency, effectiveness and economy of FARA’s operations; b) evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the financial management and internal control systems; c) ensure compliance of the laid down Organisation’s Implementation guidelines and procedures; d) provide timely information and recommendation to the Management on improvement of systems.
5. The Executive Director of FARA now invites interested and eligible firms to provide an Expression of Interest no longer than 10 pages, outlining proposed methodologies, references related to the execution of similar contracts, experience in similar areas or evidence of knowledge and/or involvement in the financial audit, and a proposed work/time schedule. Brochures, CV’s of Partners, and other supplementary materials will not be included in the 10-page limit.
6. The time period for the said consultancy shall be one year from the date of award of contract. The duration may be extended if required with mutual agreement of the parties.
7. The consultant will be selected based on Quality & Cost Based Selection (QCBS) procedures defined in the Procurement Guidelines of FARA.
8. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours [09.00 AM – 4.00 PM]
How To Apply
9. Expressions of Interest should be submitted electronically to [email@example.com] and addressed to Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director of FARA, 12 Anmeda Street, Roman Ridge, Accra, Ghana, no later than Friday, 19th February, 2021, at 14h00 GMT. Tel: +233 302 772823/744888.
FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Recruitment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability or health status.
Attachment for download: Terms of Reference
ABOUT SOBIAONLINE CAREERS & WEB SOLUTIONS:
Job search and application on this website is free! We are Sobiaonline. Our services include CV Upgrade, LinkedIn Upgrade, Website Design, & Technical Writing. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp (0245692357). To get the best out of this website, please create a free account. Good luck.