The Construction Planner will be creating baseline and progress schedules for various stages of the project, gives technical and practical input on all project schedules and prepares and analyzes updates.
- Assist Project Managers and Superintendents with planning and developing construction schedules.
- Work with Project Executives to prepare proposal and preconstruction schedules.
- Use historical production data to develop activity durations and validate construction progress.
- Monitor and analyze progress on detailed construction schedules.
- Update, analyze, and report status weekly at each project site.
- Reconcile discrepancies from actual vs. planned progress and facilitate an action plan with the project team.
- Provide visual schedules as needed using Microsoft Project and or Primavera
- Provide linear schedules as needed to view production sequences.
- Analyze repetitive workflows to ensure realistic achievable cycle times
- Prepare concise monthly schedule narratives.
- Provide monthly metrics and Key Performance Indicators for executive reports.
- Work closely with cost engineers analyzing Planned vs. Earned Value
- Leading the development of a detailed project schedule along with the project teams input.
- Collect Performing impact analysis for potential delays and changes
- Developing and maintaining “as built” construction schedules
- Working closely with the project management team in setting project goals and understanding the status of the project
- Understanding schedules to determine duration and logic issues
- Traveling may be necessary depending on the project needs and location
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field is preferred
- 10 to 15 years experience working on scheduling of various construction projects
- A recognized project management certification preferred
- Knowledge of critical path method of scheduling
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years experience using Primavera scheduling software and Microsoft Project
- Ability to conduct constructability reviews for varying construction method/techniques during design or constructing progress, updating and reporting
Qualified applicants should apply /send their CV to
Kindly note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date: 22nd May, 2020