Compliance Officer Ghana
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy.
To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
To make it easier for Africans to build global businesses that can make and accept any payment, anywhere from across Africa and around the world.
Simplifying payments for endless possibilities.
About the Compliance Officer (Ghana) Role
As our Compliance Officer (Ghana), your primary responsibility will be to act as an ambassador for Flutterwave’s compliance culture and standards demonstrating the highest standards of compliance behavior and to raise awareness of regulatory requirements and compliance policies.
As well as to provide an advisory role for regulatory aspects across the business, ensuring best practice and adherence to Flutterwave’s compliance and regulatory policies and procedures.
What Your Day to Day Activities Will Be Like
- Complete KYC/DDF quality assurance for Ghana merchants and vendors.
- Maintain regulatory licenses for Ghana.
- I) Regulatory reporting and filling.
- II) Regulatory liaison.
- III) Leading related audits and own remediation of any audit findings.
- Ensure Flutterwave operations in Ghana is in compliance with all regulatory obligation including schemes/acquiring bank rules.
- Build trust with Flutterwave’s Ghana regulators, acquiring banks and card/payment schemes.
- Manage and coordinate meaningful reporting internally and externally, respond to information requests and proactively communicate regulatory changes and notifiable events.
- Review and test Flutterwave’s risk and compliance programs and processes. Identify gaps and take ownership of resolution.
- Act as the in-country Ghana Money Laundering Reporting Officer. Taking responsibility for AML and Financial Crime compliance in Ghana;
- Support and advise the Ghana business leads on compliance matters.
- To develop, implement and maintain Business Continuity plans for the Ghana;
- Provide support for the process of maintaining Flutterwave’s externally accredited quality management systems – ISO 27001:2013 and ISO 22301:2012 – assisting when undertaking the management review and particularly the review of the internal audit reporting system.
- Maintain an up to date high level of knowledge and understanding of internal policies and procedures, including ‘Compliance’, ‘Prevention of Money Laundering and Combating Terrorist Financing’, ‘Financial Crime’, ‘Customer Due Diligence’, ‘Treating Customers Fairly’, ‘Complaints Management’, ‘Client Assets’, ‘Anti-Bribery and Corruption’, ‘Conflicts of Interest’, ‘Market Abuse and Personal Dealing’, ‘Gifts, Benefits and Entertainment’.
Required competency and skillset to be a waver
- Maintains the highest professional standards to ensure the firm is not in a position of risk.
- Credibility, professionalism and confidence to implement best practice.
- Proven “people skills” in terms of developing and motivating staff.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate initiative and confidence in day-to-day dealings with clients.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Confident individual with a proactive attitude.
- Ability to manage assigned tasks in an assertive, efficient and timely manner.
- Proven ability to deal with confidential matters and with discretion.
- Experience of preparing/delivering training.
- Must be able to multi-task and keep calm under pressure.
- Excellent, proven organisational skills.
- The flexibility to work outside normal office hours as may be required from time-to-time
Be a national or resident of Ghana
Excellent proficiency of English Language and ability to communicate well in English
Please click the Apply Now button above to get started