Overview of Genser Energy Ghana – Genser Energy Inc. is an Independent Power Producer (IPP) based in the British Virgin Islands with operations in Africa. It specializes in providing custom-engineered turnkey distributed generation energy solutions for clients in the mining, manufacturing, and utilities. Genser engages in engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) as well as operation and maintenance (O&M) of its power generation plants and sells electricity and/or steam to clients. Each project is financed and owned by a country-level subsidiary in Africa.
Plant Manager Responsibilities – The Compliance Manager is responsible for primarily overseeing the development of the compliance strategy for Genser Energy by liaising with regulatory bodies and relevant third parties in ensuring that the organization applies the highest level of Compliance. This is achieved by working closely with the Vice President for Legal & Compliance. Some key responsibilities he/she will be performing include but are not limited to the following;
- Ensures business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures
- Keeps abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives and advise Genser Energy accordingly.
- Acts as an intermediary for local and foreign regulators, legal bodies as well as maintaining relationships with relevant legal bodies and trade unions.
- Oversees adherence of local and foreign permits, that they remain current and appropriate for all business needs.
- Provide adequate reporting to Management in regard to regulatory requirements.
- Prepares compliance documentation guided by the constitutionally mandated certifications for statutory, legal and regulatory purposes.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Candidate Qualification – Bachelor Degree or LLB in Law and any related field to the industry, with 8 years experience in related field, specifically 4 years in a supervisory position. A Masters in Engineering / Energy or LLM in Law will be an added advantage.
Competencies – Knowledge in the implementation ISO 9000, 14000 and 18,000 norms as well as statutory local and international regulatory policies. Knowledge of international standards: OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, IEC, IEEE ASME. Good communication skills and interpersonal skills and is self-motivated. Ability to assert himself/herself in dealing with regulatory bodies for consistent compliance.
The position is based at Genser Energy Ghana Ltd (Accra) Corporate Office, www.genserenergy.com. Applicants should send Resume and Cover Letters to email@example.com before 18th October, 2019.
References – Minimum of 2 professional and 1 educational/personal.
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.