International Justice Mission - IJM
Community Relations Specialist
International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable. Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve. We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
International Justice Mission, Ghana is seeking individuals with high-level expertise to fill the Community Relations Specialist position.
• The Community Relations Specialist is responsible for building strategic national level relationships with government, media, professional bodies, influencers, CSOs and mobilize them to support IJM’s work and the fight to end child trafficking on the Volta Lake.
• The Community Relations Specialists reports to the Director, Advocacy & Partnership.
Qualification Required & Experience
We welcome applicants with a mix of the following training, experience and competencies:
• Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key journalists and media houses in Ghana
• Key contacts and relationships with a network of NGOs/CSOs working to combat child trafficking
• Build a working relationship with Parliament and engage Members of Parliament to undertake several actions that are geared towards combatting child trafficking
• Excellent Analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Very good negotiation and communication skills.
• Excellent Planning and Implementing skills.
• Networking and decision-making skills.a
• Advanced writing & presentation skills. You can distill complex topics, effectively communicate in writing and make compelling presentations and prepare reports.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office programs and data management software’s (ODK, ONA, tableau, etc.)
• You are results-oriented with drive for high level of excellence
• Collaborative skills.
• Knowledge and experience of working on MS Office effectively
• High level of professionalism, confidentiality, and discretion.
• At least one-year experience in similar field.
IJM, Ghana offers a Competitive salary and benefits package. The position is will be based in Accra, Ghana with occasional travel as may be required.
How To Apply For The Job
Send Cover Letter, Resume, & Statement of Faith* by E-mail to:
firstname.lastname@example.org in one document, stating the position in the subject heading. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing Date: 23 December, 2019
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.