The Celo mission is to build a monetary system that creates the conditions for prosperity for all.
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, the Celo protocol makes sending money as easy as sending a text.
Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Celo is an open protocol enabling many to participate in the system, even with a budget Android smartphone.
The first application launching on the Celo platform is a social payment and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
As Community Manager for this decentralized technology, you will build a community of developers, collaborators, and early adopters interested in contributing to and benefiting from the Celo platform.
You will be responsible for the implementation of an education campaign about Celo, starting with building the community and including on-the-ground project management and engagement with key local collaborators.
You will: Establish an engaged community of users, developers, and key collaborators in Ghana
- Develop a community of Celo users in-country through kickoff events, campaigns, networking, etc.
- Educate the community about Celo at events, conferences, and other speaking engagements
- Nurture relationships with industry associations, press and media, and local partners
- Support the Country Manager and Go-to-Market teams with localized growth campaigns
You will: Provide support and nurture the community of Celo users
- Engage with Celo users regularly and respond to information inquiries in a timely manner
- Develop and manage a network of Celo ambassadors
- Monitor feedback and represent the voice of the customer to C Labs product, engineering, and go-to-market teams
- Passionate about Celo’s financial inclusion mission
- Data-driven and analytical, with the ability to marry numbers with qualitative insights
- Excited about blockchain and cryptocurrency and their potential
- An independent, self-driven and organized go-getter who can thrive in uncharted waters excellent communicator with high emotional intelligence
- SERVICES CAREER ARTICLES JOB ALERTS SOBIATRIBE FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
- At least 3+ years of experience living and working in Ghana
- Fluency in English
- Experience in community building, events planning, social media management, or a similar function
- At least 2+ years of experience in project/program management enthusiast about working in a startup environment
- Nice to have: Experience working in payments or blockchain
What We Offer
- Challenging projects with impactful work
- Competitive salary
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible.
In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.