Communications Manager (Ghana Mental Health and Disability Programme)
Options Consultancy Services Limited is a leading global health consultancy established in 1992 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International.
We manage health programmes that ensure vulnerable women and children can access the high-quality health services they need.
We work with partners to co-create and implement locally informed solutions to complex health problems. This includes governments, development partners, NGOs, civil society and health workers.
Our programming is flexible, evidence-based and politically informed. This means we adapt to changing contexts, use data to inform our decisions and ensure our approach is appropriate.
Our focus is always on building local skills and systems that last. Our headquarters is based in London, UK with offices in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Nepal.
Options is an equal opportunities employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply, including under-represented groups, specifically women and people with disabilities
The UK Department for International Development in Ghana (DFID Ghana) funded Disability and Mental Health Programme which this role will contribute to, aims to support people with disabilities, including mental health disabilities, neurological and substance use conditions (MNS) to improve their health and wellbeing and ensure they are engaged, empowered and able to enjoy improved social and economic outcomes and rights. The four key outputs of the Programme include:
- Stronger policy, leadership, resources and governance systems that respect the rights of people with disabilities, including people with mental health disabilities
- Scaled-up quality, integrated, disability inclusive community-based and recovery oriented mental health and social services
- Reduction in negative and discriminatory attitudes, behaviours and norms against people with disabilities, including mental health disabilities
- Evidence generated to inform policy, practice and enabling environment
Summary purpose and objective of role:
Options Consultancy seeks a Communications Manager to join our Mental Health and Disability Programme in Ghana.
This role has a core focus on strategy and branding for the programme along with digital, internal and external engagement approaches.
The Communications Manager will develop, coordinate and implement the communications strategy in order to raise the profile of the programme and deliver targeted dissemination activities of programme learnings.
The Communications Manager will also work closely with the Team Leader to enhance the reach and uptake of all internal and external communications activities. They will also develop and adjust the communications strategy to ensure continuous alignment with the programme strategy and approach.
S/he will be responsible for coordinating and proactively engaging with the programme team in order to promote and identify learnings within the programme, opportunities for synergies and opportunities for external communication.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Experience in developing and implementing marketing and communications strategies
- Proven track record in developing approach and managing the production of international development/programme materials
- Technical understanding of international development, health issues and/or disability and mental health
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal presentation and copy writing skills
- An excellent writer and editor, skilled at distilling and interpreting large amounts of technical information for a range of audiences
- Ability to work well in a diverse, international environment and work with colleagues across the globe
- Ability to use Adobe design programmes, including Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Options is an equal opportunities employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply, including under-represented groups, specifically women and people with disabilities
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role (Communications Manager) in the subject header.
- Closing date: 7 June 2020: Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including CRC, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.