Conduct household surveys and community profile surveys with selected households in the assigned operational areas, carry out unannounced farm visit to identify possible cases of child labour, identify and deploy remediation activities, monitor of remediation support, awareness raising among members, households, communities and staff of CAA and collaborating partners, report through a mobile app and prepare work plans and schedules to ensure that all households are visited.
- Report to: Child Development Coordinator
- Contractual Status: Full Time (Contract) One (1) year period. (May be) subject to renewal
- Location/Station: Any of the below assigned duty stations in Ghana: (Achiase, Afosu, Akimoda, Anyinam, Bonso, Kade, Nkawkwa, Afoase, Suhum-all in the Eastern Region) (Asankragwa, Bogoso, Boinsu, Elubo, Enchi, Mumuni, Manso Amenfi, Samreboi, Prestea Nkwanta-all in Western South)
Work closely with the Project Manager, Child Development Coordinator, Regional Managers, Technical Coordinators, CAA farmers, and all collaborating partners.
Key Daily Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct household surveys and community profile surveys with selected households in the assigned operational areas;
- Carry out unannounced farm visit to identify possible cases of child labour;
- Follow-up questionnaires including needs assessments in case child labour is identified;
- Identify and deploy remediation activities to the benefit of the children and their families;
- Monitor all remediation activities and households classified as high-risk of child labour;
- Organise and implement awareness raising among members, households, communities and staff of CAA and collaborating partners;
- Report through a mobile app;
- Prepare work plans and schedules to ensure that all households are visited for all activities as per the agreed times in the period;
- Work closely with the Technical Coordinators and Regional Managers employed by CAA;
- The CDOs ensure that the tools, equipment and safety wear is used appropriately according to manufacturer specifications and maintains the protocols for repairs and maintenance
- Perform any other duties or assignments as may be directed by your supervisor.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Science, Social works, rural sociology, human rights or any other related studies from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of one (1) year plus experience in a similar role.
- Candidates with specialized supplementary experience is an added advantage.
- Candidates with experience in field activities in the cocoa sector standards and field data collection and or interview techniques have an added advantage.
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPENTENCIES
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to adopt an assertive but respectful attitude towards authority
- Multitasking and work constructively to meet targets and deadlines
- Confident individual with a proactive attitude and keep calm under pressure
- Detailed-oriented professional who uses analytical skills and follows all procedures to identify child labour and the follow-up support activities to be carried out
- Must have strong background in computer skills
- Ability to independently create digital reports
- Ability to manage assigned duties in an assertive, efficient and timely manner.
- Must be able to live in a rural community in any of the assigned cocoa districts deprived of basic social amenities.
- Ability to ride a motorbike in rough terrain with a valid license
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of data gathered for the purposes assigned for
- Ability to speck fluently Ghanaian language (TWI)
- Emotional maturity, unprejudiced and sensitivity to farmers
- Meticulously maintains complete, honest and accurate records pertaining household surveys and community profile surveys.
C.Vs, motivational letter and cover letter of applicants must be sent to email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates at the time of applying for this job must not be above 38 years.
- Interested applicants should send a motivational letter, cover letter, and current C.V with at least 2 references of current employment.
- Both male and female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Successful candidates will be required to conduct and present police criminal check report.