Chief of Party
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party position on an anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Ghana Fisheries Recovery Activity.
The goal of this activity is to mitigate the near-collapse of the small pelagic fisheries sector in Ghana and establish a durable basis for its recovery.
The activity is anticipated to have five objectives:
(1) Increase livelihood opportunities for fishing households,
(2) Increase value of artisanal fishers’ products and increase their integration to markets,
(3) Strengthen government practices in fisheries policy making, regulation, and enforcement,
(4) Improve the use of science and research for policy and management decisions, and
(5) Strengthen constituencies to promote sustainable fisheries management.
The Chief Of Party will have overall responsibility for technical and operational management of the anticipated Activity. S/he will be the principal point of contact in Ghana for procedural and substantive matters.
The COP will coordinate and ultimately be responsible for all contract management and implementation.
S/he will be the primary liaison with USAID/Ghana on technical matters and must adjust programs and operations in response to USAID/Ghana technical direction.
The COP will also be responsible for ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award.
The COP’s primary responsibilities will be providing overall leadership, management, and general technical direction of the entire Activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and focusing on the full achievement of all results stated in the award.
This individual will be expected to identify issues and manage risks related to Activity implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments to maintain strong performance.
This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Accra, Ghana.
Other new jobs in October 2020:
Chief of Party Qualifications:
* Master’s degree or higher in marine/coastal resource management, marine biology or other marine science, fisheries resource management, or another relevant field;
* At least twelve (12) years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of donor-funded development activities, USG/USAID experience preferred;
* At least seven (7) years of demonstrated experience in senior program management, including team leadership and direct supervision of professional and support staff;
* Demonstrated ability to engage constructively in multi-stakeholder dialogue, including sustaining partnerships and strong working relationships with donors, host country government counterparts, the private sector, academic institutions, and civil society;
* Proven experience navigating complex and high-pressure operating environments;
* Proficiency written and spoken English is required.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tetratechintdev.com.