Chief Commercial Officer
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders.
Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact on Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
Overview Of This Role
To maintain the company’s position as a long-standing E-commerce leader, Jumia Ghana is seeking a Chief Commercial Officer to drive the commercial success of the company and shape its strategic plan for growth. As part of Ghana’s Executive Committee, the CCO owns the topline of the country’s P&L and is responsible for creating and executing Jumia’s business plan while managing the day to day performance execution.
The CCO oversees 4 teams, namely Key Account Management, Commercial Planning, Cross Border E-commerce and Vendor Success (our long tail of marketplace vendors)
- Delivering the top line of the business (GMV + revenue), inline or ahead of targets
- DevelopstrategicandtacticaldirectionforallcommercialfunctionsincludingKeyAccountManagement,Commercial Planning, Cross Border e-commerce and VendorSuccess
- Responsible for the structure, competence, and efficiency of the Commercial organization
- Collaboratecloselywithcross-functionalteamsincludingMarketing,Legal,Finance,Operations,Logisticsetc.toensure outstanding customer and seller experience
- Deliver successful roll-out of commercial events such as Jumia Anniversary and BlackFriday
- Develop strategic partnerships with C-level executives of key brands and sellers; owning the partner relationship end to end, from initial scoping to negotiation and execution
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of 8+ years’ experience in consulting / banking or senior commercial leadership roles in E-commerce/FMCG/or Retail, with demonstrated management of large teams
- Proven success in sales & delivering growth
- High growth/emerging market/start-up experience is an additional advantage
- Top-tier business/engineering school Graduate/MBA
- Strong project management, analytical and prioritization skills
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take
To apply for this job please visit africainternetgroup.peoplehr.net.