ABOUT US: Bottling Irresistible
Here at Tampico, we are constantly striving to create moments of joy for our consumers through our products and an awesome culture to our employees!
Besides being one of the top selling brands of Refrigerated Juice Drinks available in groceries across America and around the world, we are a team of dedicated people focused on bringing our consumers the best tasting, highest quality products at the best value. Please visit our website at www.tampico.com for more information.
Our dedicated and inquisitive team is behind everything we do, we are always improving. We can only imagine what the future holds, but we know it will be irresistible.
The Business Consultant – Central, South and East Africa, leads the strategy to expand and prioritize volume opportunities within Central and South Africa and identify new business opportunities in East Africa. They are responsible to achieve or exceed the budgeted sales plan. The Business Consultant provides team leadership in Central and South Africa to ensure quarterly and annual sales targets are met and new market openings are achieved. This role initiates and develops effective relationships with key customers to maximize growth and market share and partners with customers in Central and South Africa and to identify category and trend opportunities for increasing sales. This position reports to the VP of International Sales.
• Manage sales promotional budget for assigned international business segment
• Direct and develop sales team with timely feedback to modify and improve performance standards ensuring the delivery of monthly volume targets
• Provide weekly reports on the status of international sales volume, sales performance and various solutions to pending challenges in Central and South Africa
• Work with a regional manager in Africa in the development of new markets in Central, South and East Africa and continuously assess performance of current partners
• Create key performance indicators, while tracking and focusing on value drivers (distribution, displays, flavors, and package development)
• Coordinate with Marketing and Strategy departments to understand key market dynamics through Nielsen/Syndicated data and custom research. Initiate, establish and develop key retail and customer relationships to maximize growth and market share
• Collaborate with internal Legal resources to ensure accurate and timely revisions of rolling contracts and negotiation of new contracts
• Attend and support the planning of periodic (quarterly) sales meetings to create and communicate plan goals for the upcoming year with international sales team
• 7-10 years’ experience in leading a sales or marketing team in Africa’s markets for consumer products or beverages with a thorough understanding of market drivers for consumable products
• Bachelor’s Degree-Required; Master’s Preferred
• Sales leadership experience in coaching an international sales team
• Excellent communication skills, including presentation and training ability
• Ability to work with different levels of management within the organization
• Financial and analytical abilities managing sales metrics, promotional budgets
• Self-starter and able to work independently
• Results oriented, attention to detail with a sense of urgency
• Bilingual – English/French (Written and verbal fluency in French and English)
• Ability to travel locally 50% of the time and internationally on a quarterly basis
• Advanced Microsoft Office Experience
• Must currently reside in Central, South or East Africa
NOTE: Relocation is not provided for this position. No phone calls please.