As part of a 7-member finance department, you will support the Business Analyst for West Africa in analysis activities, namely:
Prepare and analyse weekly volumes and monthly P&L and monitor actual business performance vs. last year, budget and estimates. Ensure accuracy and compliance of Group reported figures.
Build and maintain PR West Africa P&L forecasting tools and make recommendation to improve it. Compute budget and estimate business assumptions and their financial impacts.
Monitor business profitability by product, customer and markets. Design relevant analyses to be presented to Management
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
WEEKLY VOLUMES AND MONTHLY P&L ANALYSES AND REPORTING
- Preparation and reporting of weekly volumes by product, customer and market. Short presentation (along with other Business Analyst) of weekly performance to Head of Finance for diffusion to Management
- Preparation of monthly P&L by market, customer and product including:
- Net sales computation (including review of discounts granted)
- Costs computation (liaising with Financial Controller for structure costs, distributions costs, import duties and other handling costs)
- A&P computation
- P&L data submission in HFM (Prisma) including:
- Filing of Prisma appendices
- Clearing of blocking controls
- Other Group reporting requirements
- Analyse of performance vs. budget and estimates from existing (or to be created) supporting tools in order to identify any risks and opportunities:
- Power BI dashboards
- ‘P&L bible’, ‘Weekly CM file’ (in December, May and June)
- Comments on actual and forecast P&L performance for quarterly submission on BIS platform
P&L FORECASTING TOOL AND PARTICIPATION TO BUDGET AND ESTIMATES COMPUTATION
- Preparation of PR West Africa ‘P&L bible’ for each scenario (budget, estimates). Ensuring proper maintenance of the file to eliminate any risk of error
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy of information and hypothesis (prices, discounts, customer mapping, cost for each product, etc…)
- Gathering volumes hypothesis from Demand Planner and Area Sales Managers by country, customer and product
- Validation of costs hypothesis with Financial Controller, notably distribution costs, import duties and other handling costs
- Being able to provide clear explanations on hypothesis taken to Business Analyst and Head of Finance.
- Profitability analysis by product, customer and market. Highlighting any unprofitable/low-profitability products and understand the causes
- Recommendations to push revenue growth management initiatives. Liaising with Head of Finance and Business Intelligence Partner to influence commercial negotiations
Minimum Educational Requirements and Work Experience
University Degree in Finance / Economics / Accounting or relevant area of study
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Business Analysis roles.
Functional and Technical Competencies
Strong Excel and MS Office proficiency (including good knowledge of PowerPoint)
Good knowledge of ERP (e.g. Microsoft Navision) and financial reporting systems (e.g. HFM)
Ability to work hard, under time pressure, in a demanding environment, while maintaining the highest professional standards.
Ability to self-organize, prioritize tasks, take initiatives, make a recommendation while seeking advice and final approval from Management.
Top presentation skills to be able to convey clear and synthetic messages (verbally or on paper).
Willingness to add value on a day-to-day basis to bring PR Ghana Finance function to the next level.
Values differences, bold and agile, open and authentic, consumer-centric, growth mindset, deliver through collaboration
This job description is a broad reflection of the role and does not attempt to capture all specifics of the position. There may be variations within the same roles due to seniority or regional differences
Pernod Ricard is the #2 worldwide in Wines & Spirits, with consolidated Sales of €9,010 million in Fiscal Year 17.
Created in 1975 through the merger of Ricard and Pernod, the Group has undergone sustained development, based on both organic growth and acquisitions: Seagram (2001), Allied Domecq (2005) and Vin&Sprit (2008).
Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious and comprehensive brand portfolios in the sector: Absolut Vodka, Ricard pastis, Ballantine’s, Chivas Regal, Royal Salute and The Glenlivet Scotch whiskies, Jameson Irish whiskey, Martell cognac, Havana Club rum, Beefeater gin, Kahlúa and Malibu liqueurs, Mumm and Perrier- Jouët champagnes, as well as Jacob’s Creek, Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Kenwood wines.
Pernod Ricard employs a workforce of approximately 18,500 people and operates through a decentralised organization, with 6 “Brand Companies” and 86 “Market Companies” established in each key market.
The company is strongly committed to sustainable development policy and encourages responsible consumption.
Pernod Ricard’s strategy and ambition are based on 3 key values that guide its expansion: entrepreneurial spirit, mutual trust and a strong sense of ethics.
You may find the terms and conditions applicable to the website at https://www.pernod-ricard.com/en/terms-and-conditions/.
To apply for this job please visit pernodricard.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.