Immunization Officer Description of duties:
Working under the WHO Representative to Ghana, the Immunization Officer at the World Health Organisation (WHO) will have the following responsibilities:
1. Provide technical support and day to day coordination and collaboration with the EPI Programme, partners and
other stakeholders related to COVID-19 vaccination, including Adhoc sub-committees and relevant Ministry
departments, with a focus on vaccination among most disadvantaged populations and high risks communities
2. Participate in monitoring of COVID-19 vaccination roll-out, including field site visits, identifying issues, solutions and
priority actions with stakeholders. This includes support to implementation of digital tools and strategies for real-time
3. The Immunization Officer will Support local level vaccine stock management and supply chain monitoring
4. The Immunization Officer will Identify partners for collaboration and support the management local partnerships, such as with NGOs, on vaccine
delivery support activities including Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE), monitoring, community feedback, etc
5. Provide technical support related to data management, analysis, monitoring, evaluation and reporting for COVID-19 vaccination
6.The Immunization Officer will Support and facilitate relevant trainings, orientation, workshops to build capacity of
health workers, community members, partners on COVID-19 vaccination, including microplanning, community
engagement outreach and monitoring.
7. The Immunization Officer will Support and participate in communications and visibility, collecting stories from the field, including human interest stories.
8. Perform any other related duty as assigned by the WR.
University degree in medicine, epidemiology, health science, or a related discipline.
At least 3 years of experience in immunization related activities
Proven experience of coordinating and working collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders
Experience in public health, immunisation monitoring, or health information systems,
Working knowledge of data analysis processes, techniques and tools
Experience with WHO, UN Agencies or International NGOs
Experience and Skills:
1. Excellent Communication skills (both written and spoken);
2. Excellent knowledge of latest developments in EPI and COVID-19 response
3. Ability to work in different environments and multi-task effectively;
4. Good presentation and inter-personal skills;
5. Sound knowledge of WHO standards and policies
6. Knowledge and understanding of the functionality of EPI system at national, sub national, local and community levels of the health systems in Ghana
7. Good scientific writing and development of reports
8. Experience working successfully in similar position as outlined in the scope of work
1. Moving forward in a changing environment
2. Producing results
3. Fostering integration and team work
4. Building and promoting partnerships across the Organization and beyond
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and working knowledge of local language will be an asset.
Grade: NO B
This position will be filled only by a national of Ghana.
The incumbent should contribute to ensuring high professional, ethical, and institutional standards of the Organization.
Meet professional conduct expectations, and basic universal norms of honesty, integrity, loyalty, and lawful behavior.
This includes compliance with the above, including ability to: perform within existing organizational structures and
governance; adhere to WHO’s processes; demonstrate gender and cultural sensitivity; demonstrate respectful and
constructive interpersonal communication; perform as a team player; and demonstrate due diligence.
To apply for this job please visit careers.who.int.