Reputable IT Company
A reputable multinational company engaged in the provision of trade solutions and advisory services to both the public and private sectors have vacancy for an Applications Officer – Enterprise Systems
APPLICATIONS OFFICER (ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS)
- Support the organisation’s enterprise applications IT
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical systems. Install,configure and maintain middleware IT infrastructure
- Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorised use, acts of nature and user
- Perform backup and restoration of host operating systems and applications
- Develop custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
- Train technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or.acquired.
- Perform day-to-day operations of host computers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair.
- Ensure that records of system availability are properly maintained.
- Apply revisions to host system firmware and software
- Conduct quality assurance on project deliverables,
- Test, evaluate, develop and implement new computer applications and systems
- Backup and replication to disaster recovery of necessary file system structure periodically for middleware systems,
- Provide continuous improvement feedback On IT operation and support.
- Troubleshoot dysfunctional systems and services
- Support Business Intelligence systems and perform data modelling
- Assist implement changes to existing–software as and when required.
- Liaise with external service providers and stakeholders
- Respond to user reported issues in a timely manner
- Prepare support documentation on :micidleware
- Participate in a 24×7 on duty rotation.
- Attend meetings, seminars and trainings.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of First Degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related qualification
- Minimum of two years experience in Solaris, UNIX, SQL, RAID, Apache, Jboss,Weblogic, iPlanet, IBM Cognos, Oracle IDM,Tableau and IBM analytics
- OCP Java certification is an advantage
- Experience in managing UNIX and Microsoft windows environments
- Experience in change management in heterogeneous IT environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Applications and CVs should be forwarded to
not later than 24th October, 2019
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org