Intern Positions at Plan Ghana
Dimensions of the Role & Accountabilities
The Alumni Facilitator will be responsible for leading the testing and further development of ideas for a Plan International Alumni Network for former sponsored children and programme participants (aged 18 to 24 and 25 and above). The Alumni Network Coordinator will:
• Build the alumni network – onboard the current network of alumni to a new online platform/group, for example, a private Facebook group
• Work with the Alumni Networks (Ghana and Niger) to decide what they want to test as an ‘alumni network’ offering on a small scale in the 3 months.
• Lead the prototype and pilot of ideas, with support from the Plan International Country Office, WACA HUB Sponsorship / Influencing teams and Innovation Team
• Support creating the vision for what a Plan International ‘alumni network’ can achieve.
• Lead tests and research as per an agreed test plan. For example, the tests may include activities such as:
• Trialling a platform to connect alumni
• Understanding what alumni want to advocate and campaign for gender equality, and their ideas for how to use media to do this in an effective way.
• Crowdsourcing ideas from alumni on global and country-specific problems and issues.
• Sharing opportunities with the group – such as local job opportunities, capacity-building opportunities.
• Trialling collaboration with alumni virtually from another African country (if desirable).
• Creating an approach for how to grow the network and engage more Plan International Alumni.
• Engage and collaborate effectively with other youth movements in WACA for alignment and consolidated efforts to increase impact in the achievement of children’s rights and equality for girls.
• Analyse results and feedback from the alumni and share the findings with the project team.
• Share ideas and input to a proposal for how we can use media to engage more young people on gender equality
• The role will report to Sponsorship Manager in Ghana or Niger and will work closely with the WACA HUB sponsorship, WACA Hub Influencing team and Global Hub Innovation Team (based in the UK) via Skype and virtual meetings.
• The role will act as the key point of contact between Plan International and the Ghana and Niger Alumni group who wish to take part in the network.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
• Former Plan International Sponsored Child or Programme Participant
• Fluent in English [French in Niger]
• Able to work in Ghana or Niger Country Office
• IT and digital skills (able to use Microsoft Office and social media channels)
• Strong communication skills
• Innovation mindset (curious, flexible, open to new ideas and changes in direction as required)
• Problem-solving skills
• Passionate about gender equality and social impact
• Organised and proactive
• Leadership attributes
• Willingness and ability to travel in Ghana and Niger for field visits as required
• Experience coordinating or leading a group or community
• Experience managing a small budget
• Interest in creating multimedia content (videos, images, animations)
• Able to communicate in English – for Niger
• Able to communicate in French – for Ghana
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 14 December 2019
Related INGO Jobs in Ghana on Sobiaonline
MEL Specialist at Plan Ghana
Equality Programme and Influencing Lead at Oxfam
IT Officer at Jhpiego
Health Program Coordinator at Ghana Health and Education Initiative
Procurement Officer at Total Family Health Organisation
To apply for this job please visit jobs.plan-international.org.