The Advocacy Officer will work under the supervision of the Malaria Coordinator of Speak Up Africa. The main tasks of the Advocacy Officer are to support Speak Up Africa in the implementation of the Zero Malaria Business Leaders Initiative (ZMBLI) in Ghana. His/her work will focus on advocating for increased private sector involvement to support the goal of malaria elimination in Ghana through sustainable funding for interventions and supportive public policies.
He/she will work closely with the project management team and partners to implement the initiative and the execution of deliverables in a timely manner. He/she is responsible for supporting research and analysis, producing key project documents, monitoring relevant policy developments, participating in strategy development and implementation, and providing general administrative support.
More specifically, the Advocacy Officer will:
· Lead the design of advocacy strategies and stakeholder engagement plans for Ghana with support from the project management team.
· Coordinate and support the development of a national private sector coalition, including the development of strategic documents outlining the value proposition of the initiative.
· Develop a communication plan and create a series of communication and advocacy tools to showcase the malaria champions and the private sector coalition.
· Establish a monitoring framework to determine the impact of actions of companies, champions and the private sector coalition.
· Conduct situational and policy analyses and strategic reviews that will inform opportunities for private sector engagement.
· Cultivate strategic partnerships to leverage advocacy opportunities with government, ministries and other implementing partners.
· Hold weekly coordination meetings with Ecobank Ghana team and other key partners as required.
· Coordinate with key malaria partners to generate information on the countrys policy context and facilitate the production of recommendations on potential avenues for private sector engagement.
· Provide periodic reports to the malaria coordinator on project implementation.
· A Masters degree in social sciences or equivalent is required.
· Proven experience in project management in the field of public health and/or development.
· Ability to work in multidisciplinary and multilingual teams.
· Demonstrated commitment to working with and supporting the needs of neglected populations, preferably including familiarity with key global health policy issues.
· Strong communication skills, including writing for expert and lay audiences and public speaking.
· Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Strong organizational, synthesis and report writing skills.
· Excellent oral and written English skills (French is a strong advantage)
· Experience of working in the public and private sectors is highly desirable.
· Proven experience in conducting desk reviews, synthesizing complex information and producing advocacy materials.
· Experience in supporting successful partnership building/stakeholder awareness initiatives.
· Some experience of working with members of government, private sector companies, NGOs and/or multilateral organizations, especially in Ghana.
· Based in Ghana with a strong internet connection and stable working environment is essential.
Documents to be submitted
· Detailed CV and cover letter.
· 3 professional references.