Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is seeking to build a management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
The Economic Governance and Knowledge Management (ECVP Complex) core objective is to give greater visibility and prominence to knowledge, its dissemination and management. This is done through the (i) generation of access to operationally relevant, multi-sector research on African development issues; (ii) the narrowing of the data statistics gap in Africa by improving the availability, quality and coverage of statistics, for policy formulation, implementation, evaluation and effective monitoring of progress and contributing to the development of cooperation statistics in Africa. ECVP is also the focal point for capacity development and provision of training with a clear focus on those areas most relevant to ensuring economic growth and efficient implementation of Bank-financed projects and enhancing their impact.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The Governance and Public Financial Management Coordination Office (ECGF) is in the complex of the Chief Economist / Vice Presidency for Economic Governance and Knowledge Management (ECVP), based at the Headquarters in Abidjan, and is responsible for coordination and operationalization of the Bank’s Governance policy, strategy and programs, including lending and non-lending work. ECGF works in collaboration with the other complex’s and departments of the Bank towards ensuring (i) that the Bank’s substantive technical engagement with key policy and strategy processes in the area of governance and public financial management are properly coordinated; and (ii) that the Bank’s interventions in Regional Member Countries, through program-based operations/ budget support and institutional strengthening projects promote effective and accountable governance and public financial management
Reporting to the Director, Governance and Public Financial Management Coordination Office (ECGF), the role of the Administrative Clerk is to provide logistical support to the Director and staff of the Department. The Administrative Clerk provides basic clerical services as assigned, and is required to maintain strict confidentiality of information that he/she may have access to, given the functions exercised. In particular, he/she liaises and works closely with the Administrative Assistant, Director’s Assistant and Ag. Manager’s Assistant to ensure the distribution of documents and office supplies.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Director of Governance and PFM Coordination Office the Administrative Clerk Will:
Strategy and Planning:
- Be available to the Director and staff of the Department at all times.
- Support the proper functioning of the Department.
- Receive, sort and distribute external, internal and DHL correspondences within the Department.
- Deliver outgoing correspondences to other Departments within the Bank. Record outgoing correspondences in transmission books.
- Assist staff with photocopying, printing and binding of documents.
- Assist staff with scanning and transmission of documents.
- Assist the Directorate with filing/archiving of documents.
- Assist staff with processing, follow-up, collection and scanning of travel documents (visa, laissez-passer and passport renewal, note verbale, carte de séjour etc.).
- Assist the Administrative Assistant with the organization of meetings and events (IQR meetings, conferences, retreats, receptions).
- Ensure that office supplies are available as and when required.
- Oversee the operation of the photocopying machines and printers and signal any malfunction.
- Assist official visitors and delegations of the Director. Request for entry access for visitors.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Director.
- Hold at least a minimum of Secondary School Certificate. Additional higher academic qualification will be an advantage.
- A minimum of three years of experience performing clerical tasks in an organization.
- Strong client orientation and interpersonal skills, a professional and focused approach to work and commitment to delivering to client.
- Good knowledge of administration and office support services, including systems and procedures.
- Good coordination skills – methodical and self-organized.
- Demonstrable commitment to delivering excellent customer service focused reception and administration service.
- Good interpersonal, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to think quickly to respond to immediate requests.
- Flexibility to adapt, positive attitude towards change, and a constructive and creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Word and Outlook. Knowledge of SAP will be an advantage.
To apply for this job please visit www.afdb.org.