Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at CDD-Ghana
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
CDD-Ghana is currently seeking to recruit a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer who will be in charge of the Center’s overall performance monitoring and evaluation, as well as promote a learning culture through effective utilization of M&E information across all programs/projects.
Under the overall guidance of the Director for Programs and direct supervision of team leaders, the M&E Officer will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating key high quality and timely program and research inputs, and for ensuring that the strategic vision of the Center’s projects are maintained and that its activities result in the achievement of all intended outputs in a cost-effective and timely manner.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer works in close collaboration with Team Leaders and program area and operations clusters.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Review the Center’s existing monitoring and evaluation systems including the five-year Results Framework and identify area(s) for improvement;
- Collaborate closely with Director of Programs and Team Leaders to ensure effective and timely reporting of M&E information; ensure all MEL records are up-to-date before the end of the reporting period to enable correct and timely narrative reports;
- Develop and implement a robust monitoring and evaluation system that will ensure tracking of project/ programme results at different levels (outputs, outcomes and impact);
- Develop/ Adopt an integrated database of all program/projects and ensure accountability through regular data updates, data integrity and working in collaboration with the Team Leaders;
- Develop M&E plans for all projects and proposals and ensure the same is followed up during implementation;
- Ensure all projects/programs have updated work-plan and performance management plan (PMPs) in tandem with all approved proposals, regularly reviewing and updating as needed;
- Carry out data quality assessments/ audits regularly for project/program monitoring data based on agreed indicators to guide decision making;
- Provide alert to the respective Team Leaders on corrective actions required to avoid delays in implementation, including flagging operational issues and risks requiring timely actions;
- Lead the development of quarterly, bi-annual and annual progress reports on CDD-Ghana five-year strategic plan.
- Ensure that cross-cutting issues such as SDGs, gender, age and disability are effectively addressed/ mainstreamed in all project implementations;
- Develop and improve network feedback, knowledge sharing and learning mechanisms, enabling staff to recognize success in reaching or exceeding targets, opportunities for growth, and shortfalls that need to be addressed;
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Team Leaders in preparing relevant reports;
- Perform other duties as required;
Measurable Outputs and Performance Indicators
- Preparation of reports;
- Assist the Team Leaders in preparing other relevant reports;
- Organize and conduct training on M&E for project/program staff;
- Assist Team Leaders in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project implementation and project innovations;
- Provide input and update information related to project outcome in on CDD-Ghana website and other digital outlets;
- Develop a robust M&E system for the Center;
- Prepare and maintain data bases.
- Integrity by modelling CDD-Ghana’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of CDD-Ghana;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Organizes and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships;
- Extensive knowledge in Results-Based Management (RBM);
- In-depth knowledge in web-based M&E systems;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, Respectful and helpful relations with donors and project staff;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
Required Skills and Experience
University Degree (Bachelors or Master’s) in statistics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of Results-Based Management for development projects implemented by national/international and local NGOs/donors/funding agencies;
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Demonstrated experience of statistical packages and/ or data analysis software (e.g. SPSS, Excel, Stata) and advanced computer skills (word-processing, spreadsheets, and databases) are a must;
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Deadline: Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Position” in the subject line.