Website Accountability, Rule of Law and Anti-Corruption Programme - ARAP
European Union Project in Ghana
The ARAP Coordination Unit in Ghana seeks 2 Programme Support Officers to assist in the execution, implementation and
monitoring of the ARAP work plan based on regular interaction and follow-up with the ARAP stakeholders and Short-Term Experts (STE)
Duration of Assignment: September 2019 until January 2021
Indicative Starting Date: 10th September 2019
Type of Contract: Technical Assistance
The “International and Ibero-American Foundation for Administration and Public Policies, FIIAPP” (www.fiiapp.org), is a Spanish public international co-operation entity that provides advice to governments in third countries and regional institutions.
According to its mission, the Foundation has been awarded the Delegation Agreement “Accountability, Rule of Law and Anti-Corruption Programme – ARAP” funded by the European Union.
The overall objective of the Programme is to promote good governance in Ghana by reducing corruption and increasing accountability and environmental governance, as well as compliance with the rule of law, particularly when it comes to accountability, anti-corruption and environmental governance.
2. Specific Objectives The objective of this assignment is to support the Coordination Unit (CU), in the implementation of the 2019-2020 ARAP work plan by collaborating with the Programme Officer to support Stakeholders in the development and implementation of activities as well as monitor/track the implementation and rate of execution (financial) of the ARAP work plan. The Programme Support Officers will be reporting to the Programme Officer.
3. Description of the position The Programme Support Officers will work directly with the ARAP Program Officer keeping her updated on all major developments in the management of stakeholders, activities, work plan execution and STE.
The Programme Support Officers will be the front-line liaisons with the programme stakeholders, maintaining daily contact in the development, planning and execution of planned activities.
The Programme Support Officers will maintain a daily working relationship with the Programme Officer as well as support Key Experts (KEs) on specific follow ups with STEs.
The Programme Support Officers will report to the CU in Accra, under supervision of ARAP Programme Officer, and in coordination with GIZ Accra Headquarters.
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
• Maintain daily/regular follow up and management of institutional work plans to ensure activity implementation within the stipulated period
• Maintain regular contact with institutional focal points and relay critical issues to the Programme Officer
• Liaise with institutional focal points to plan and implement activities
• Update work plan activities based on expenditure – this will be done in close collaboration with the Finance Officer to update and track budget
• Attend ARAP events and provide summary of key issues from events to be shared with the Programme Officer
• Follow up ongoing activities and draw attention of the Programme Officer and Key Experts on significant developments and follow ups needed
• Follow up and/or develop concept notes for activity implementation
• Follow up and/or develop activity reports for concluded activities.
• Ensure all concluded activity documents and materials are adequately filed and stored in respective technical activity folders in Dropbox
• Follow up and daily management of experts assigned to respective stakeholder institutions – this includes follow up to request work plans, concept notes, activity and mission reports as well as ensure missions are carried out based on prior agreements. This should be done in close coordination with Programme Officer
• Provide relevant information to the Programme Officer to support Programme reporting (Interim Reports, Annual Reports)
• Support Administrative Assistant to facilitate logistics of activities including provision of relevant activity details. This includes details on participants lists, registrations details and other relevant information necessary to finalize logistical arrangements
• Support in other tasks when required by the CU Team Leader or the Programme Officer.
• Develop Monthly Reports of activities and tasks undertaken
b. Education and experience requirements:
✓ University Degree on Social Sciences, Development Studies/Planning, Programme Management, Law or any other associated field of study
✓ Fluent in English, written and spoken
✓ Competency in technical and report writing skills
✓ Competency in stakeholder engagement
✓ Al least 3 years of professional experience in programme development, implementation and management.
✓ At least 2 years of experience working with international organisations in Ghana.
✓ Proven experience and knowledge working with public institutions in Ghana
Proven knowledge and experience working in some of the focus areas of ARAP (Rule of Law, Public Education, Accountability, Corruption.
✓ Computer skills: Excel and Word proficiency
✓ Availability to travel in country.
Interviews and Test will be taken in Accra by the Coordination Unit.
Monthly Reports on activities undertaken
September 2019 to January 2021.
5. Fees and Logistics
In case of internal travel outside Accra, fees, per diems and/or transportation will be provided.
6. Submission of proposals Interested parties who meet the requirements defined in these terms of reference can send the CV to [email protected], indicating on the title in the “subject”: “Programme Support Officers for ARAP”.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 20 August 2019.