GEF-SGP 2019 call for proposals to award small grants
The UNDP Global Environment Facility Small Grants Programme (GEF-SGP) in Ghana has received funds under the GEF-6 to support the expansion of existing nature-based women-led enterprises for exponential impact in Ghana.
In this regard, the GEF-SGP announces the 2019 “call for proposals” to award small grants of between $50,000 to US$150,000 to Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) registered in Ghana for the most innovative initiatives.
The programme seeks to support and expand women-led nature-based small to medium sized enterprises which has a significant growth potential. Priority grant will be given to projects that aim to do one or more of the following:
- Business management training
- Technical training
- Product development and design training
- Business development and business management counselling
- Marketing training
- Financial training and finance facilitation
- Business women’s networks and business networking – regional, national, and international
- Enabling and creating access to markets
Eligibility and Criteria
- Organization should have an established business model/product
- Emerging women-led small and medium enterprises/businesses
- Promotion and strengthening of second tier organizations that aggregate others such as women cooperatives, self-help groups, and associations
- Initiatives to establish local incubators in partnership with the private sector
- Proposed projects should be bold, innovative, and transformative, and have potential for replication and scaling up.
- Priority will be given to enterprises that are ripe for scaling up, building on success SGP Country Programmes and projects that could bring partnership and leverage additional resources (e.g. co-financing with International NGO, foundation, private sector) at the program and project levels.
- Priority will be given to enterprises with local chambers of commerce, trade unions, large scale cooperatives, local public-private organizations and local incubators and accelerators for social good that can offer business advise to women-led enterprises are encouraged.
This Call for Proposals is opened from the date of this advertisement until September 15, 2019. Interested applicant should please submit expression of interest to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 total views, 1 today